May Project 12 Sketch & Color Combos Galore #149

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I've got Project 12's May layout, for you all, today.
I combined it with Color Combos Galore #149...
and came up with this.
I started this layout by adhering the strips of floral, patterned paper, trimmed, across their bottom edges, with punched, strips of pink, polka dot, patterned paper, to the bottom half of the green, checkered pages.  I, then, machine stitched several rows of pink-threaded, straight stitches at their junctions, before adhering the prepared, center circle.  I saw a super, fun tutorial over on the Noel Mignon Tips and Techniques Blog, for creating layered circles, last week, and thought that I'd give it a try.  I started with a cardstock circle and began layering punched and distressed, with Moonlight White ink, strips of Real Red cardstock from bottom to top.  I, then, trimmed all the outside edges and distressed, again, with Moonlight White ink, before splatter painting with Ballet Pink and Ivory White, acrylic paint and allowing to dry.  It was, then, cut down the center and adhered, half on one side and half on the other side, to the layout.
While I LOVE the way this turned out, I don't think that I'll be trying it again for awhile.  It was super time consuming and used a TON of cardstock.  After adhering pictures, I ran a length of red, gingham trim across the bottom of each page, just above the stitching, and dressed it up with skinny, pink ribbon, wrapped around each page, twice, and tied in a bow.
This side of the layout...
boasts a cluster of three, little, Real Red, cardstock, paper buds, embellished with gemstones and stamped, in Certainly Celery ink, on Certainly Celery cardstock, and hand cut leaves.
A few more dress up the right side of the layout, too.
Before adhering the far right photo to this side of the layout, I adhered a punched strip of Certainly Celery cardstock, to serve as my journal box, and machine stitched pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches down the length of its right and left sides.  Finally, I adhered pink, glitter, alpha stickers, across its top, to form the "SpEciaL VisiTors" title...
and journaled, So many people just couldn't wait to come see you, including your Great Aunt Cindy and Uncle Rick, your Aunt Courtney and Uncle Peter, your Aunt Jamie, and Mommy's friend Shannon and her daughter Taitum.  You slept through most of their visits and didn't mind getting passed around.  Nov. 3-9, 2008.

Well, I've got about a million things to do to get ready for Ezekiel's party tomorrow, so I'd better run.  Just for fun, though, check out this cute, little stack of ribbons I picked up, at Hobby Lobby, for 50% off, this weekend.
My sister teases that I've got an obsession with papercrafting, but I have to keep telling her that papercrafting is a hobby.  Ribbon is my obsession!  Fortunately, it's not as expensive as shoes :).  If I don't see you all back here tomorrow, have a fantastic weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sketch an Event (SU) Paper: Certainly Celery, Real Red, & floral patterned (SU); pink, polka dot patterned (DCWV Nana's Nursery: Baby Girl); green checkered (KI Memories) Ink: Certainly Celery & Basic Black (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: red, gingham trim & skinny, pink ribbon (Hobby Lobby); pink thread & sewing machine; gemstones (Paper Studio); pink, glitter, alpha stickers (K&Company); edger punch (EK Success); Scallop punch (SU); Ballet Pink & Ivory White, acrylic paint (FolkArt)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a WOW LO! LOVE this. So pretty. :) :) :) :) :) have a great weekend!!!

kellie said...

did you make those little rosebuds? they're ADORABLE .. i love them!! please tell me how you did it!! you can contact me at kelliealtieri@gmail.com :):)