OTWC #16

Thursday, July 22, 2010

As promised, in my earlier CCG 151 post, I've got my take on Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #16, for you all, this afternoon.
So elegant!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by adding a punched strip of floral, patterned paper right down the center of the Basic Gray, cardstock, card face.  I, then, silver embossed flowers, in a row, on a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock; trimmed it, across its top and bottom edges, with punched strips of Rose Red cardstock, which I had embellished with tiny, clear gemstones; machine stitched gray-threaded, straight stitches across its top and bottom edges; and adhered it in the center of and over the floral, patterned paper.
A gray, satin ribbon was, then, wrapped around the card face, over the embossed stems; tied in a bow to the left side of the card face; and dressed up, below, with a stamped, in Rose Red and Pretty in Pink, on ivory cardstock, "FOR YOU" sentiment, which, also, had its bottom corners rounded.
I'm off to begin checking off my list of a hundred things I need to do, before we leave on vacation.  Wish me luck, and thanks for hanging out with me today!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Labels & Thoughts & Prayers (SU) Paper: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, & Rose Red (SU); ivory (Best Occasions); floral patterned (DCWV Nana's Nursery: Baby Girl) Ink: Pretty in Pink & Rose Red (SU); VersaMark Other: gemstones (Paper Studio); silver, embossing powder; gray ribbon (Hobby Lobby); gray thread & sewing machine; Scallop, Corner, & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punches (SU)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Very pretty card, love it Jinny!!! :) :) :)

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the layers of scalloped edges! Great job with the color challenge!!

♥♥♥Lea

Karen B. said...

So very elegant, I keep forgetting that I have embossing powder, thank you for the beautiful reminder!

Kim Wilson said...

Super cute Jinny! Love the scallops :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

Michele said...

This turned out beautifully!