OTWC Challenge #14 & Mojo 146

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I have Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #14, for you all, today.
Are those colors not, absolutely, gorgeous?!  I was, completely, inspired to create an anniversary card for my handsome hubby.  We just so happen to be celebrating nine years of wedded bliss our roller coaster ride marriage, today.  So, I combined it with Mojo Monday's Sketch 146...
and came up with this.
I started his card by stamping the image, lots of times, in Moonlight White ink, on a strip of Night of Navy cardstock.  I, then, machine stitched navy-threaded, straight stitches down the length of both of its long sides, before adhering it to the kraft, cardstock, card base, which had been distressed with Moonlight White ink.  Strips of Bravo Burgundy cardstock were, then, cut; machine stitched, down their centers, with navy-threaded, zig-zag stitches; and adhered, vertically and stacked, just below center.  The heart was made from chipboard, which I covered with patterned paper, distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks, and adhered in the center of the card face.  I, then, wrapped a length of twine, vertically, around the card face, just left of center, and laced it with a navy button, before tying it in a bow and adhering it to the left side of the chipboard heart.  Finally, a cork "U" was adhered to the bottom right side of the chipboard heart.
I'm, also, turning this card in for Wee Memories' Free for All Challenge to, simply, post whatever we make this week.  Have a great day, everyone!  Happy anniversary, Baby!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Giga Guidelines (PTI) Paper: Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy, & Welcome Neighbor patterned (SU); kraft (Best Occasions) Ink: Moonlight White (Brilliance); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: navy thread & sewing machine; twine; navy button (Paper Studio); cork "U" (JoAnn Craft Essentials); chipboard heart (SU)

4 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

Happy Anniversary Jinny! :) Lovely card! I have to try out cork sometime, its a bit scary for me still LOL! Thanks for playing and good luck!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

I so luv this....a favorite for sure!

enjoy *~*

Wendy Space said...

This card is gorgeous! I hope you had a happy anniversary. :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous! Thanks for playing Mojo!