Party Time

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I cannot tell you all what an insanely, crazy weekend we've had!  It, truly, has been so fun; but we are beyond exhausted.  Matter of fact, we, actually, had to wake our kiddos up, to go to church, this morning.  Unheard of!  Poor things!

It all began, Friday night, with Ezekiel's birthday camp-out.  Because I haven't asked permission to show pictures of all the kiddos, here on my blog, and I know a lot of people have strong opinions about that sort of thing, I'm not going to.  Just know that we had a blast!  We started the evening with a bucket of party favors for everyone.
That's water rockets, growing washcloths, bubble necklaces, water cannons, and water bottles, which were washed, had the boys' names written on them, and filled with sea water (Raspberry Lemonade) for their arrival.
They all boasted these simple, little tags, which were cut, from Pumpkin Pie cardstock, with my Cricut; stamped, in Pumpkin Pie ink, with the first letter of each boys' first name; clear embossed with the fish image; and tied to their buckets with aqua, curling ribbon.  Obviously, we played all kinds of water games :).  Their buckets were, also, filled with candy they collected from a fish pinata.  They had a scrumptious dinner of octo-dogs, homemade shells and cheese (They had no idea that it was filled with butternut squash, thanks to Deceptively Delicious.  Hee!), sea gravel...
watermelon, cut veggies and Ranch dip, and sea water, followed up by vanilla ice-cream and chocolate cupcakes with chocolate peanut-butter frosting.  Yum-O!
I had these elaborate plans to make little whales coming up out of and diving down into frosting waves but scrapped a sink full of mushed Twinkies and frosting, after hours of attempting to make it work, for what I know best.  Paper!  I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning making these sweet, little, whale toppers.  The stars, were cut, from Barely Banana cardstock, with my Cricut; glittered; and two of them were sandwiched together with a toothpick between them.  The last time I made paper, cupcake toppers, for Adina's first birthday party, I used Tombo Mono Multi-Liquid Glue to adhere the layers together.  I have to tell you all, though, that I wasn't so please with how long it took them to begin to hold, not to mention that the way they held wasn't much to speak of.  I know!  I was surprised, too!  This time, I used Modge Podge, and it worked like a charm!  I have a new favorite glue!  Yeah!  I, then, stamped the whales, in Azurite ink, on white cardstock; hand cut them out; and adhered them to both sides of the stars.  A little length of twine, tied around the toothpicks, under the stars, finish them off, perfectly, for an Under the Sea adventure.

We finished up the evening with more time to play in the yard (Our tree swing was a HUGE hit!) and a movie with kettle corn and goldfish mix.  The boys retired to the tent, in our backyard, with BJ, around 11 pm and awoke to fruit-face pancakes, with warm, maple syrup, sausages, and orange juice.
We, also, had a little, morning art project, where the boys used oil pastels to draw underwater pictures and brushed aqua-colored watercolors over their completed drawings.  It was so fun to watch everyone interact and, truly, get along, really, well.  We learned a little more about each of the boys, too.  For example... Ethan drinks like a camel and loves his veggies.  Miles is talkative, mature, and an artist.  Joshua loves animals... especially, our dogs.  Jordan is the quiet one.  Ryan rolls with the punches.  And they all are such good boys!  Ezekiel is so blessed to call them friends.

After the boys went home, Saturday morning, my parents came to watch our kiddos, so BJ and I could get a little time alone for our anniversary.  Of course, Ezekiel had more presents to open...
but so did BJ and I.  Check out this gorgeous planter my Mom and Dad gave us for our anniversary.
I LOVE that my Mom had my hubby in mind, when she put this together.  I had mentioned, to her, that BJ loved a similar one that she had in her front yard; and she ran with it and, even, put it in his favorite color of pot.  So sweet!  Thanks, Mom!

Anyway, I, completely, forgot to bring my camera, but BJ and I went to lunch at Manny's Mexican Restaurant.  Then, we did a little shopping at Antiquities and Oddities Architectural Salvage, Westport Flea Market, and Country Club Plaza, before having a little Coldstone ice-cream and heading home.  Check out this pretty, little gem I purchased...
which, now, holds some of the buttons in my craft space.
Once home, we piled everyone into the car and headed over to our city-wide, family picnic; where we enjoyed free BBQ, time with friends (My parents didn't stick around for long.), inflatable games...
and a shower courtesy of our local fire department.
We didn't stay long enough for the fireworks.  We had all had enough fun for one day, but what fantastic memories we made!  Have a great week, everyone!

Oh!  And before I run, Ezekiel's birthday invitations won Dawn's pick for being On Cue With Color.  Yihoo!  As Adina would say :).  Thanks, Dawn!  I'm lovin' it!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Punny & Headline Alphabet (SU) Paper: Pumpkin Pie (SU) Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU); VersaMark Other: clear embossing powder; aqua, curling ribbon; George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fox & Friends (SU) Paper: Barely Banana (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Azurite (ColorBox Chalk) Other: toothpicks; silver glitter (K&Company); hemp twine; George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge

No comments: