Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good morning!  I hope you all are having a great day!  I've got my take on this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by layering the navy, scalloped and embossed cardstock, after I took a sander to it to get those polka dots to stand out a little more, onto the Real Red, cardstock page.  I, then, added a piece of aqua cardstock, which I drove lines into with my paper cutter and a bone folder; punched along its left edge; distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks; and embellished with a die-cut, journal box, which reads, You painted a Dr. Seuss hat made from a lunch sack and a paper plate, and we pressed Rice Krispie treats into a hat shape and added stripes with frosting.
A strip of yellow, text, patterned paper, trimmed, across the bottom, with a yellow, scallop, cardstock die-cut, was added, at an slight angle, and machine stitched with aqua-threaded, straight stitches across its top and bottom edges.  I, then, added the "celebrating DR. SEUSS" title, which was made from red, glitter stickers and Cricut-cut, red, polka dot, patterned paper.
Finally, I hand cut the paper pendant from a gorgeous, pendant, patterned paper; laced it together with yellow, embroidery floss; adhered it to the layout with dimensionals; and anchored it, on either end, with red, polka dot, epoxy brads.
Well, I'm off to run a few errands to get us ready for our upcoming vacation.  Yippeee!  We cannot wait to get away!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Real Red (SU); navy, scalloped & embossed (Bazzill Basics); aqua (?); red, polka dot & pendant patterned (The Girl's Paperie) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: yellow, embroidery floss; aqua thread & sewing machine; yellow, scalloped die-cut (Bazzill Basics); red, polka dot, Sending Love, epoxy brads, Spiral punch, & bone folder (SU); journal die-cut (Scenic Route); paper cutter (Fiskars); Mickey Font, Cricut cartridge (ProvoCraft); red, glitter, alpha stickers (KI Memories)

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What a cute layout you created! I am always amazed how different the sketches are interpreted. You Dr. Suess layout is just wonderful! Love all the details.
Elisabeth
http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com

lisa said...

So cute, I love this page. We are huge Dr Suess fans in this house : )

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooo FUN!!!! I love love love that school's do this!!! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the banner!! thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)