Tuesday Trigger: A Pleasing Palette & CAS-tastic Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Sunday, July 4, 2010

So, I've got my take on Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: A Pleasing Palette, for you all, this 4th of July evening.
So pretty!  I'm loving the combination of pink and turquoise, lately!  I combined it with CAS-tastic Wednesday's Sketch Challenge #10...
and came up with this.
I started this card by trimming the left side of a strip of floral, patterned paper with a strip of punched, Certainly Celery cardstock.  I, then, machine stitched several rows of ivory-threaded, straight stitches, vertically, through both layers, before adhering it to the Tempting Turquoise, cardstock, card face, which had had its upper, right corner rounded.  I, then, laced lots of soft green buttons on a length of hemp twine and adhered them, vertically, between my stitches and over the floral, patterned paper.  The image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; watercolored in shades of Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, and Certainly Celery; distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks; framed with a pink, polka dot, patterned paper; embellished, above, with a skinny, turquoise ribbon, tied in a fancy bow; and adhered, just to the bottom right of the button row, with dimensionals.
Finally, I stamped the "a note for you" sentiment, in Pixie Pink ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut it out; distressed it with Chamomile and Chai inks; and adhered it, tucked under one of my buttons, just above the framed image.
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Country Morning & Sweet Little Sentiments (SU) Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, & pink, polka dot patterned (SU); floral patterned (?) Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, & Pretty in Pink (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: soft green buttons (Paper Studio); hemp twine; ivory thread & sewing machine; 2010 Sale-A-Bration & Corner punches (SU); dimensionals

5 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous, Jinny ... and I love the button treatment!

Adorable!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean and Simple Sketch challenge!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous Jinny! I love it!

I may be repeating myself, so I apologize if I am...but I love the verse in your blog header! Love it!! TFS!

Valerie said...

So pretty! Love your takes on the Trigger & the Sketch - I tried to combine these two challenges, too :)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Jinny! Your water color is so fun!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)