ATC Glimmer Challenge 2 & OTWC #22

Friday, August 27, 2010

Okay... So, I'm crazy!  I just, recently, found out about Aspiring to Creativity's Glimmer Challenge 2...
and have, really, wanted to participate; but you all know that I've been working hard to get all my projects in order for Wplus9 Design's countdown to release, which begins tomorrow, by the way.  Hope to see you for the whole shebang!  Anyway, I just had to put something together for a chance to win a Wplus9 gift certificate; because I'd, really, love to get my hands on the Woodgrain Silhouettes Bundle.
So, I worked overtime and am getting this pretty, little thing in just under the wire.
I started this card by trimming the left side of a piece of white cardstock with a strip of punched, green, polka dot, patterned paper.  I, then, machine stitched two, one inside the other, hot-pink-threaded, straight-stitch frames around the white cardstock's edges, before adhering it to the Pixie Pink, cardstock, card face.  The "Let your dreams take Flight" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, in the bottom right corner of the card face; and the connection, between my two, top papers, was decked out with a gorgeous, black trim.  While I've worked with other colors of this same style of trim before, this black one is new for me, and I love it!  A length of white string was, then, wrapped, horizontally, around the card face, three times, over the black trim, and tied in a bow, just below center.
I, then, stamped the polka dot, butterfly image, twice, in Garden Green ink and, once, in Positively Pink ink, all on white cardstock, glittered them, and hand cut them out.  A green one was, then, adhered flat to the card face and, slightly, overlapping the black trim; the pink one was adhered, just at its center, over the first green one; and, finally, the other green one was adhered, just at its center, over the pink one.  Too fun!
The black, crystal trail gives the butterfly movement and is another first for me.  I purchased these a few weeks ago, thinking they'd be great on a layout, but haven't gotten around to using them until now.  Matter of fact, I've never used Prima crystals before.  Imagine that!  I've, really, been missing out!
It's so fun to stretch myself and try new things!  AND it just so happens that this color combo is perfect for Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #22.
Yihoo!  Have a super weekend, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (PTI) Paper: Pixie Pink (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); green, polka dot patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Positively Pink, Garden Green, & Basic Black (SU) Other: black crystal trail (Prima); hot pink thread & sewing machine; edger punch (EK Success); glitter (K&Company); black trim (Hobby Lobby); white string

7 comments:

Dana said...

A beautiful creation! I was so excited to see your name on the entry list, since I so recently saw it on Dawn's blog! Congrats on your new position! It is well-deserved!
Thanks for participating with us!

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Savitri said...

Hey! Welcome to the WPlus9 team!! So awesome to have you and looking forward to your creations!! Cute cute card you have here! I love that color too!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What fun!!!

Kim Wilson said...

Love it Jinny! So CAS! I love those butterflies :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

Keva said...

Very pretty! I love the layered butterflies and bling.

Tenia Nelson said...

So love your card!!! Thanks for playing and good luck!!