CAS-tastic Wednesday CASE-ing the Design Team Challenge

Monday, August 9, 2010

I have CAS-tastic Wednesday's CASE-ing the Design Team Challenge, for you all, this Monday morning.  I just couldn't resist picking Deb Neerman's gorgeous creation to case.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by machine stitching two, aqua-threaded, straight-stitch lengths across the bottom, as well as the top, of my patterned, glitter, paper piece.  You know that I had to get that stitching in somehow!  LOL!  I, then, wrapped a beautiful, aqua, crinkle ribbon around the center of the stitched piece and adhered the prepped, patterned, glitter paper, with dimensionals, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, which had its bottom corners rounded.  I chose to make the flower from pages of an old, phone book.
I punched out about twelve of them; layered them, haphazardly, together; laced a 3/4" aluminum button, which I covered with a polka dot, patterned paper, on a length of white string; hand stitched it through all layers of the flower; tied it off; and adhered the paper flower, just left of the card face's center, in the center of the ribbon.  Finally, the "HOPE YOUR DAY IS Fabulous" sentiment was clear embossed in the bottom right corner.
Well, despite having a sick kiddo, lying around the house, we did get a lot accomplished this weekend.  I caught up on my mending.
  • An old, gifted, frog, Easter basket was loosing its lining.
  • Ezekiel's Build-A-Dino T-Rex needed its back seam restitched.
  • The bag that I made, for Ezekiel, back here had been overloaded and a little abused and needed its strap reconnected.
  • A shirt, that I bought in Mexico years ago, needed new elastic put in the sleeves.
  • My swimsuit cover-up had a little tear under the arm.
  • The button hole, on my old, baby bonnet, needed repaired, after using it for Adina, too, and its ribbons got a little Fray Check.
  • Another stuffed dinosaur was loosing an arm and falling apart at another seam.
  • A little, Build-A-Bear, fish accessory needed new eyes.
  • And lastly, a super irritating, hollering and flying monkey needed his arm reattached.  I almost just skipped right past that one :).
I, also, finally, did all of Ezekiel's first grade, progress reports.  I know... Shame on me!  But I was, extremely, burnt out after our last school year.  And hey, at least, I got it done before second grade began.  Hee!  Hee!
BJ got our picnic table stained and sprayed our front yard with crab grass preventative, and together, we made this scrumptious, stir fry dinner to help clear out all the leftover veggies in our fridge.  It, really, needed red peppers instead of green, but you use what you've got.
Oh!  And I get asked, all the time, how I make meals with meat in them for my family but leave it out for myself, being that I'm a demi-vegetarian.  Well, that picture shows, exactly, how.  We make everything separately and build our own.  Here's mine, boasting a tasty, honey-peanut sauce, that I got from the June 2007 issue of Parenting Magazine, which I'll post below.  Mmmmm!
Honey-Peanut Sauce
4 Tbsp. chunky or smooth peanut butter
3 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. orange juice

Microwave the peanut butter for about 20 seconds or until it begins to melt.  Stir until smooth.  Add all other ingredients and mix well.  Serve immediately, and enjoy!

Much love, and have a great week, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI) Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); all patterned (DCWV The Linen Closet Stack); phone book pages Ink: VersaMark Other: clear embossing powder; aluminum button & button cover kit (Dritz); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); aqua thread & sewing machine; Corner & Scallop Circle punches (SU); dimensionals

5 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Love your card! I think I might have to try this challenge too! I'm back in my blogging and creating groove and I love it! Oh and that peanut sauce/stir fry sound like something that would love around here. I will have to try it out! THANKS!

Karen B. said...

Love the color combo and the choice of the newspaper and seem binding.

Mags said...

I love the blue and green color combo. What a great flower! The button is great!

Kim Ryden said...

Congrats on being Top 5 Jinny!!!

Dana said...

I used to do this with my meals when I was going vegan! Not too difficult... I was wondering how you define "demi-vegetarian?"
Thanks again for this lovely card!