CCG #153 & Got Sketch? Sketch 102

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Before I get any further into this post, I just wanted to say thank you so very much for all of your well wishes, for the health of my family, and give you a little update.  Ezekiel has his ups and, mostly, downs.  He's running a low-grade fever 24-7, but I'll take low-grade over the initial 104 degrees!  He doesn't have any energy, which would be explained, some, by the fact that I cannot get him to eat.  Now, that's a first!  Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

All in all, I'm doing much better.  I no longer have a sore throat and am not feeling near as tired; although, I'm, continually, being driven loco by the itching!  I did find a poison ivy wash that seems to help, and I've, always, got the hydrocortisone cream close at hand.  At this point, I haven't, really, felt that the medicine the doctor prescribed is doing much, but I'm staying hopeful that it's working on the inside.

All that's to say, thanks for asking and thinking of us!  You all are so appreciated!  Now, I just couldn't let the week close without showing you all a layout.  I had so much fun combining Color Combos Galore #153...
with Got Sketch?'s Sketch 102...
to create this memorable page.
I started this page by layering strips of patterned paper, vertically, just left of center; finishing off the left edge, of the strips, with a yellow, cardstock, scallop die-cut; and machine stitching aqua-threaded, straight stitches on either side of all the paper, strip connections.  After adhering pictures, I tucked a blue, polka dot, journal die-cut, which reads, You accepted the title of "Big Brother" whole-heartedly and were so proud to show Adina off, under the bottom left edge of the lower picture.
The hole in the left side of the die-cut was orange and clashed with my color scheme, so I covered it with a white, office, reinforcement label.  I, then, adhered the partial, "Bliss", bird, dimensional, sticker title; the clouds, which were hand cut from white cardstock, glittered, and one was raised with dimensionals; and the partial, "Absolute", puffy, sticker title.
A yellow, polka dot, November 2, '08, date tab and a few, Desert Sun gemstones, to embellish the yellow, cardstock, scallop die-cut, complete the look.

Thanks, once again, for visiting, and I hope you all have a fantastic Saturday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: white (Georgia Pacific); blue, floral & aqua, argyle & stripe patterned (heidi grace designs); yellow graphic (Sassafras Lass); yellow & blue paisley (?) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white glitter & "Bliss", dimensional sticker (K&Company); blue, polka dot, journal die-cut (Basic Grey); white, reinforcement label; puffy, alpha stickers (Making Memories); yellow, cardstock, scallop die-cut & Desert Sun gemstones (Bazzill Basics); yellow, polka dot, date tab (daisyd's); aqua thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

1 comment:

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Love the great design, fabulous color palette, and your terrific photos! What an amazing family treasure!