CCG #154 & Scrapville July Sketch Challenge

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I combined Color Combos Galore #154...
with Scrapville's July Sketch Challenge...
to bring you all my papercrafty take for today.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by layering a strip of floral, patterned paper, just below center, across the length of my argyle, patterned, paper base and trimming it, across its bottom edge, with a punched strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock.  I, then, machine stitched white-threaded, straight stitches to either side of the paper connections and, thoroughly, distressed the outside edges with Moonlight White ink.  After adhering pictures, I prepped my circular piece by cutting it from a coordinating, patterned, paper stripe; trimming its outside edges, with punched circles of white, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, and Only Orange cardstocks, to form the scallop edge; dressing its center with a length of yellow trim; and adhering it over and under the far right, two pictures.  I, then, added the pink, die-cut, "it's a girl" tag, filled out with all the necessary information...
as well as the pink, scallop die-cut and its inside "she's here", die-cut circle.  My circles were, then, glammed up with a few, Desert Sun gemstones in two different sizes; and I used yellow, alpha stickers, framed by hand-cut, white cardstock, to form my "lily" title.
Finally, my flowers were, also, made from die-cuts, which I adhered to white cardstock and hand cut out, before adhering them, to the layout, with stacked dimensionals, and embellishing their centers with yellow buttons, laced with white string.
It's been a lazy Saturday here in the Newlin household.  We're taking a break, from the busyness of life, to get my family healthy again.  Oh!  And, last night, it rained!  I mean, really, rained with thunder and lighting and HUGE raindrops!  Yea!  What a glorious break from the 100 degree temperatures, humidity, and heat warnings!  Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, & Only Orange (SU); white (Georgia pacific); all patterned (?) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: white thread & sewing machine; all die-cuts & 1/2" Circle punch (SU); edger punch (EK Success); Desert Sun gemstones (Bazzill Basics); yellow, alpha stickers (sei); yellow buttons (Paper Studio); white string; yellow trim (Joann Fabrics); dimensionals

No comments: