The Color Room #18

Friday, August 13, 2010

So, this week, my FREE, Wplus9 Design, August, release, stamp collection...
AND my August, Jenni Bowlin kit came on the very same day!  I cannot tell you how excited I was!  I was shrieking and dancing, and Ezekiel was saying that he wished he was me; but then, he changed his tune, when he realized my packages were just stamps and paper.  Tee!  Hee!  Well, last month, I left you all a link to my July, kit contents, at JBS Mercantile, without realizing that that link would no longer work today.  So, this month, I'm giving you the list straight up, along with lots of fantastic pictures.
  • 1 Girls Paperie Pattern Paper
  • 1 October Afternoon Pattern Paper
  • 1 Basic Grey Pattern Paper
  • 1 Sassafrass Lass Pattern Paper
  • 2 Pink Paislee Pattern Papers
  • 2 Bazzill Basics Cardstocks (including 1 scalloped edge)
  • 1 JBS Coredinations Embossed Cardstock
  • 2 sheets of Exclusive Mercantile Pattern Paper
  • 1 Exclusive Mercantile Journaling Card
  • 1 Exclusive Mercantile Alpha Sticker Sheet
  • 1 sheet of October Afternoon Word Stickers
  • 1 sheet of Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Alpha Stickers
  • 1 Pink Paislee Pixie Stick Glitter - Lemonade
  • 1 Pink Paislee package of Bella Brads
  • 1 roll of Pink Paislee Artisan Tape
  • 1 package of Laundry Day Maya Road Chipboard
  • 1 pillow box filled with the following:
    • 2 Maya Road Star Stick Pins
    • Several Maya Road Red/Black Country Flowers
    • 1 yard of Bazzill Green Rick Rack, tiny
    • 2 vintage Price cards from a General Store
I promise that I'll have lots of treats, to show you all, boasting my new stamps; but The Color Room's Palette #18 was, completely, perfect for the contents of my kit, so I jumped on board right away!
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by layering a variety of patterned paper strips onto the notebook, patterned, paper page and machine stitching blue-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches across their edges.
The photograph was, then, adhered to a piece of olive, textured cardstock and framed by cardstock stickers, including the "BOYS WILL BE BOYS" title, across the bottom, and a strip of white cardstock, across the top.  The strip of white cardstock was anchored by staples and another length of blue-threaded, straight stitches.  The journaling went, perfectly, right onto the notebook paper, below the left corner of the olive, textured cardstock, and reads, You were so happy to have your Daddy home from his work trip, to San Diego, CA, and so excited about the little Shamu trinket he gave you.  10.18.09.  A little strip of patterned paper, adhered, just right of center, to the bottom of the page, and machine stitched in place with blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches,,,
a "for keeps", sticker subtitle...
and a few, color-coordinating buttons, laced with white string, complete the look.
If this is your first time stopping by, today; please, be sure to check out my previous, 2S4Y Sketch 58 post and have a wonderful, hopefully, cool, where you are, weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: olive textured (Bazzill Basics); white (Georgia Pacific); notebook patterned (Paper Studio); number & plaid patterned (The Girls' Paperie); text patterned (October Afternoon); red, graphic patterned (Sassafras Lass) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: blue thread & sewing machine; staples & stapler; green & blue buttons (Paper Studio); Pure Poppy buttons (PTI); "for keeps" sticker (Cosmo Cricket); white string; square, cardstock stickers (Paper Studio)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great pics Jinny, it all looks yummy! I LOVE that layout...you are the queen of scrap layouts!

Kim Ryden said...

Cute page! I love the layout! I think number patterned paper is my new favorite thing!!!