EBTKS Challenge 20: Buttons

Sunday, August 8, 2010

I have a couple, super, amazing things that I just have to lead this post with today.  First of all, this creation made Wee Memories' Fab 4 during its first week with a design team.  Thanks so much, ladies!  I'm, truly, honored!
And secondly, I'm, absolutely, thrilled that I won, by random integer, Wplus9 Design's entire, August, stamp collection release, including Design Basics: Backgrounds II...
Guiding Light...
Guiding Light Sentiments...
and Magical Moments.  Yippeee, and thanks, Dawn!  I'm so blessed!  Sooo cannot wait to get that package in the mail! Run on over to the Wplus9 Design store link above, today, to pick out all your favorites!
Now, how about a card?!  I have Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Challenge 20: Buttons, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by machine stitching a green-threaded, straight-stitch frame around the edges of the yellow, graphic, patterned paper.
I, then, continued stitching a few, green-threaded, zig-zag-stitch stems and trimmed the patterned paper, across the bottom, with a length of gray lace below a gray, satin ribbon, tied in a bow.
The prepped piece was, then, adhered to the Basic Gray, cardstock, card face, with dimensionals, and embellished with color-coordinating buttons and a silver-embossed, on Elegant Eggplant cardstock, and hand-cut, "Thank You", sentiment tag.
Well, I'm home, from church, with the boy, today; and he's busy doing his thing, so I'm off to begin my long list of "to do's".  Have a super, sweet Sunday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (PTI) Paper: Basic Gray & Elegant Eggplant (SU); yellow, graphic patterned (Sassafras Lass) Ink: VersaMark Other: silver embossing powder; green thread & sewing machine; gray, satin ribbon (Hobby Lobby); gray lace & green, Vintage Style button (JBS Mercantile); yellow and purple buttons (Paper Studio); dimensionals

3 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Congrats on your big win! That is awesome!

Winter said...

Pretty card! I love those buttons! And Congrats on your Big win! Dawn's stamps are Amazing! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Ann said...

Those buttons rock, Jinny! Thanks for playing with us EBTKS girls!