Embellish Birds Color Challenge

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I have Embellish Magazine's Birds Color Challenge, for you all, today.
I utilized this challenge to make a card for one of the students, who used to attend the school, that I used to teach at, out in Colorado.  He and his new wife were, happily, married this past Sunday.  I know!  And I'm just now getting it posted?  Yes!  Crazy week!  Anyway, congrats Justin and LaceyLee!  And here's what I came up with.
I started this card by rubbing Rose Red and Tattered Rose inks, onto white cardstock, across the tops of vellum, punched circles, in order to create the clouds.  I, then, adhered hand-cut, Certainly Celery, cardstock hills to the base of the cloud piece and machine stitched brown-threaded, zig-zag stitches aross their tops.  I, also, machine stitched brown-threaded, straight-stitch, upper corners, before adhering the prepped piece to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.
The branch was stamped in Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery inks, on white cardstock, hand cut out, and adhered, over the clouds, with the leaves' edges bending free for movement.  The birds and hearts were stamped, in Rose Red, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip inks, respectively; hand cut out out; and adhered, with dimensionals, into their viewed locations.  The birds, even, received little, blue, gemstone eyes.
Finally, I wrapped a sheer, white, polka dot ribbon, over the hills, around the card face...
tied it in a bow to the left side of the card face; and embellished it with a pink button, laced with hemp twine.
Before I run, do you want to know what happens when a, curiously, creative, baby girl sneaks into your messy, craft space?
Well, there you have it!  Have a great day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Cheep Talk & I {Heart} Hearts (SU) Paper: Chocolate Chip & Certainly Celery (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, & Rose Red (SU); Tattered Rose (Ranger) Other: brown thread & sewing machine; blue gemstones & pink button (Paper Studio); hemp twine; sheer, white, polka dot ribbon (PTI); dimensionals

6 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for playing along with the Embellish challenge this week - wasn't it super? I've been really excited about being their sponsor and I have one more give away on my personal blog...

I just LOVE your pink sky...it makes this card so carefree and fun. I'm sure your student and his new wife will love it!

Kim Ryden said...

Ha ha! Did she get ahold of ink pads??

I just love it when you make clouds that way. So cute!

Jenny said...

LOL aww cute pics! hehe!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink sky and your card sooooo cute!! :) :) :) :) :)

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is soooo pretty!!!
I LOVE how you made the sky with the pink clouds! Oh, and your little girl is so adorable!!!
Cutest thing ever! :)

Sarah Martina said...

Eeeps she is SO sweet! I could just pinch those cheeks! :) I love the look she's dishing in the second pic... lol! And your card is SO creative! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Mariana Grigsby said...

So pretty and fun card!!! And Adina is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing those pictures, and Thanks for playing along with us, Jinny!