OTWC #18

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Well, we're all surviving the sickies.  Ezekiel had a good morning, yesterday, but a rough afternoon and evening.  All he wants to do is watch television, which is, normally, no more than an hour a day, except for the occasional movie; but I feel, completely, sorry for him.  Mono is no fun!  Poor guy!  And it's too hot outside to relax doing anything but being in the water, which he hasn't felt up to.

You'll be proud that I, actually, saw a doctor for my poison ivy.  I don't like going to the doctor and, usually, just suffer through having it, but it's really bad this time!  I'm miserable!  I slept better, with the drugs, last night, but was, really, feeling it, again, this morning.  Please pray for my little family.  Pray protection for Adina, too.  My hubby's got a lot going on, so I've been going at it alone, lately.

I have Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #18, for you all, today.
These colors are just, completely, me!  I found myself, totally, inspired and put together this card in record time!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by piecing together strips of patterned paper and vellum and machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches on either side of the connections.  I, then, white embossed the "THANKS so much" sentiment in the center of the yellow, floral vellum.
A yellow, satin ribbon was wrapped around the blue, polka dot, patterned, paper portion; tied in a bow to the left side of the prepped piece; embellished, in the center, with a blue button, laced with white string, and, above, with a length of yellow lace; and adhered, with dimensionals, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I dressed the Crumb Cake, card base, around the prepped piece, with paper-pierced corners.
Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web!  Hope you're all having a great Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sincere Salutations (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); blue, checkered & polka dot patterned (Paper Studio); yellow, floral vellum (Creative Memories) Ink: VersaMark Other: yellow, satin ribbon (Hobby Lobby); yellow trim (Joann Fabrics); blue button (Paper Studio); white string; white thread & sewing machine; dimensionals; paper piercing tool (SU); white, embossing powder

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooo awesome!!!

Desiréé said...

Stunning photo collage!!! And card to match :-)

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty Jinny! I love it!! :) :) :) :)

Kim Wilson said...

Fabulous Jinny! I love the layers and that bow :) Thank you for playing and good luck!!!