PDCC41

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I have The Play Date Cafe's Color Challenge #41, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping all the images, in Jet Black, Real Red, and Summer Sun inks, on white cardstock.  The two that were stamped in Jet Black ink were, also, watercolored in shades of Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, and Bordering Blue.  I, then, distressed the edges of the prepped piece with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks and glittered the stars, before machine stitching a white-threaded, straight stitch frame around its edges and corners, just inside the frame.  It was, then, adhered to the Summer Sun, cardstock, card face.  An ivory and red, gingham ribbon was wrapped around the card face; tied in a bow, just left of center; and embellished with the partial, stamped, in Summer Sun ink, on white cardstock, "sweet" sentiment, which was, also, hand cut out, distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and adhered with dimensionals, as well as a yellow, felt, button star, laced with hemp twine.
Finally, I adhered the completed, "summer" sentiment with alpha stickers.
So, I've come to a conclusion.  The next time that I get poison ivy, I'm not taking the drugs the doctor prescribes!  I'll just tough it out!  They're making me wacko and jumpy!  I cannot sleep at night, and when I do sleep, I'm having the strangest dreams.  Last night, I, even, dreamt that I was dying.  Ick!  Plus, they don't seem to be speeding up the healing process one bit.  Most of the poison ivy has dried, or is drying, up on my arms, but the poison ivy on my legs seems to have gotten a second wind.  On top of that, Adina's not feeling her perky, little self and has developed a cough that's getting us up, with her, several times a night.  On a positive note, Ezekiel hasn't run a fever for three days!  Yippeee!  His energy is, still, pretty low; and he's not eating much, but he seems to be on the mend.  Praise the Lord!

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Under the Stars & So Very (SU) Paper: Summer Sun (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Summer Sun, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, & Bordering Blue (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: yellow, Sugar Coating glitter (Doodlebug Design); white thread & sewing machine; ivory & red, gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); yellow, felt, button star (Favorite Findings); hemp twine; alpha stickers (Jenni Bowlin); dimensionals

8 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Wow! You all can't catch a break can you?!! I hope that your poison ivy will clear up soon and you can get back to your normal self!

I hate it when little ones gets a cough. Brooke has had one for the past few weeks. Just happens at night around midnight she will start coughing. Thankfully she has been sleeping through it for the past few nights. But I still get up and worry about her. Oh the joys of being a mom...we will sleep when they are all out of the house, right?!!

Karen B. said...

What an end of the summer you are having, whoosh, I don't know how you can keep up with it all! Your card is grand, I love the stamp set used in this way, so unique and lots of fun.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful summer themed card! Hope your family starts feeling better soon! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Michele Gross said...

Wow! What a summer to remember!
Really cute and fun card!

Elisabeth said...

Your summer card is clearly better than your actual summer. Great card and I hope you all get better soon!
http://www.myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

Elise said...

This is SUCH a festive celebration of summer AND color! I love this, Jinny! You're makin' me hungry for 'Smores! hee hee This is just DARLING!!!

Hope you get OVER that itchin' - that is NO fun! AND, glad to hear that the boy is feeling better... Continued healing to you both, dear!

Ruby said...

Lovely card! Great use of our colours! I hope you all start feeling better soon, glad you managed to enter our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

Suzanne C said...

Very fun card! Love the mix of images and colors. Sounds like the family is having a rough patch. Hope it all clears up sooN! Glad you joined us at the PDCC!