July Project 12 LO

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hey, ya'll!  I'm coming to you, tonight, after a long week, super tired and ready to hit the hay early, but I didn't want to leave you without something pretty to look at.  So, I've got my take on the Project 12 July Sketch.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by adhering the yellow, polka dot, patterned paper to both sides of the Old Olive, cardstock pages and machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches around their outside edges.
I, then, arranged and adhered most of my pictures to a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and adhered it to the left side of the layout, before trimming its far right edge with a length of punched, floral, patterned paper, which was, also, machine stitched in place with white-threaded, straight stitches.  A length of green rickrack, adhered across the bottom of the page, which, also, carried over to the right side of the layout; a leftover, from Adina's first birthday party, cupcake topper, which you can get all the details for here; and a yellow button, laced with hemp twine, complete this side of the layout.
For the right side of the layout, I continued layering with a pumpkin, patterned paper, which, also, received white-threaded, straight, machine stitches around its outside edges, and a piece of So Saffron cardstock, punched across its top and bottom, to serve as my journaling box
My journaling reads, You received so many fun and special gifts from your party guests: Mommy and Daddy - drum set, clothes, books; Ezekiel - Cuddles; Aunt Jamie and fam - clothes; Aunt Jana and fam - baby doll and dish set; Uncle Jason - V-tech blender; G-pa and ma G. - clothes, dresser mirror; G-pa and ma N. - clothes, books, duck pull-toy.
I, also, layered a small strip of the yellow, polka dot, patterned paper across the bottom of the journal box and machine stitched white-threaded, straight stitches across its top and bottom edges, before wrapping a length of hemp twine around the layout, twice, and tying it in a bow, laced through a yellow button, just to the right of the journal box and near the layout's center.  A few, "Place", "Name", and "Date" tickets, completed with the necessary information in Chocolate Chip ink, were adhered, haphazardly, below the journal box.  Finally, I adhered the Cricut-cut, from Pumpkin Pie cardstock and a multi-colored, polka dot, patterned paper, "GIFTS" title, with dimensionals, partially, over the journal box, sandwiched between my photograph and the tickets.
Have a wonderful, relaxing, fun-filled weekend, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, & So Saffron & yellow, polka dot patterned (SU); pumpkin patterned (Paper Studio); floral and mullti-colored, polka dot patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: white thread & sewing machine; Scallop punch (SU); green rickrack (Bazzill Basics); yellow buttons (Paper Studio); hemp twine; tickets (Jenni Bowlin); Storybook, Cricut cartridge (ProvoCraft)

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

Your scrapbook pages are simply amazing. I love how many photos are on this one and that you were still able to fit in the journaling. I scrapbook with a lot of pictures too and it is refreshing to see a layout in blogland every now and then with a lot too!

Davinie Fiero said...

I love all the details. That pumpkin tied with string is just adorable. Love the pumpkin paper for this layout too. Thank you so much for playing along!

This challenge is about documenting your life. You can do it any way you see fit and still pareticipate with the challenge. :)