We're Home!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

And have settled back, reluctantly, to the reality of cooking, cleaning, yard work, and laundry.  Ick!  It was so nice to leave those things behind, for a week, while we played and went to Second Baptist Church...
with my good friend, Tara, and her beautiful family.
We, also, explored Fantastic Caverns in Springfield, Missouri.
This formation is referred to as Angel Wings...
and this one The Twins.
I loved learning that the cave was discovered, during the Civil War, while all the men were either fighting or injured, so its original explorers were this brave group of women.  I'd like to think that I would've been among them :).
We, then, visited the Bass Pro Shop, just for BJ...
and had a little picnic and playtime in the park...
before leaving Springfield and heading up to family camp, at Tan-Tar-A Resort, in Osage Beach, Missouri...
where we spent lots of time with old friends...
and new.
Our days were filled with pool play...
wave runners and tubing.
Adina wasn't such a fan of the life vest, but it was a necessity, and she was a trooper for everything else.
I, even, tried out the wake board for the very first time.  While this picture makes it look like I was doing a pretty good job...
this is what most of the shots looked like.  Hee!  Hee!  Sooo LOVE to try again sometime!
And our evenings were filled with good food, silly songs...
and fun for the kiddos (This is a picture of Ezekiel's group of five to eight-year-olds.), while the parents discussed life as parents and were encouraged.
This was a much different vacation than we, normally, take; but it was filled with relaxation, fun, laughter, and precious memories, so I'll take it!
I hope you all had a fantastic week, and I look forward to making my way around, once again, to visit you!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Lots of great pics! Glad you had fun!! :) :) :)

Tammy said...

SUPER PHOTOS and SUPER FUN! We need to have another girls night out sometime. I hope you are feeling better - your blankets are on your front door. Thanks again! Tam