Wplus9 September Release Day: Group Post

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What a fun stretch of showing off Wplus9 Design's September Release, Ever After!  I, truly, am so blessed to get to be a part of such an amazing design team.  The card, that I have for you all, today, was, actually, inspired by a trip to the grocery store.  I had just packed my loaded bags into my trunk and was pulling out of the parking lot, when I saw a hummingbird.  My family LOVES hummingbirds!  They remind us so much of our Colorado home.  Well, the very next day, I put fresh juice in our hummingbird feeder (For those of you that are curious, it's four parts water to one part sugar.  For example, one cup of water and 1/4 cup sugar well mixed.) and tied lots of red ribbons, from my stash, to its rim, because I had read that doing so would help attract them to your feeder.
Now, don't laugh!  I know that I may have overdone it a bit, but it worked!
Unfortunately, they're super fast and, still, a little skittish around our place (Our dogs don't help one bit.), so my photo isn't the best; but we've had tons and tons of hummingbirds visit our feeder for the first time ever!  They're so pretty, graceful, and, absolutely, mesmerizing!  Anyway, like I said before, this beauty, completely, came out of my desire to attract these gorgeous creatures.
I started this card by white embossing the flower image on a piece of Real Red cardstock; painting its insides with Perfect Pearls, which I sooo wish you could see the sheen from better in these pictures (It, really, makes a statement!); machine stitching a white-threaded, straight stitch around its edges; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I, then, stamped the flower, with stem, image, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; watercolored it in shades of Real Red and Old Olive; punched its left side; trimmed it, just right of its punched edge, with a strip of red, polka dot, patterned paper; and wrapped a length of hemp twine, vertically, around it, over the red, polka dot, patterned paper, and tied it in a knot, through a Pure Poppy button, just below center.
The entire stamped piece was, then, adhered, just inside the stitched frame, to the right side of the card face.
That's all until next month.  Thanks, again and again, for visiting my blog and leaving me such sweet, kind, encouraging comments!  You all are the greatest!  Here's all the other design team members' links one last time.

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenburger
Kerriane Gwin
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder
Hannah Craner

Now, head on over to the Wplus9 Store and grab Ever After, for yourself, right away!  It's available TODAY!
Set of 15 high-quality, photo-polymer stamps
4 sentiments and 10 images
Full set dimensions: 6x8
Price: $19

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Real Red & Crumb Cake (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); red, polka dot patterned (?) Ink: Real Red & Old Olive (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); VersaMark; Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: hemp twine; white thread & sewing machine; Perfect Pearls (Ranger); white embossing powder; Spiral punch (SU)

1 comment:

Elise said...

It's a good thing you started with those spectacular humming bird shots... I'd hate for those amazing photos and WONDERFUL ribbon embellishing to be over-shadowed by YOUR AMAZING CARD! But seriously, it's not nice to "over do" Mother Nature! {Hee Hee} In my silly, giddy, sleep-deprived way, I'm sayin' GREAT CARD, darlin'! Your bold and spectacular use of color and jaw-dropping materials is FANTASTIC! This has been a BLAST, celebrating Dawn's latest release and unbelievably beautiful stamp designs... Getting to know you and your work - ICING on the "most colorful" cake!