Wplus9 September Release Sneak Peek: Day 3

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was super busy with lots of things to do (I'll show pictures on a non-release day.) but, still, a welcome break from our regular, weekday routine.  I thought that I'd show you all just how easy Ever After makes duplicating cards on this third day of Wplus9 Design's September release sneak peeks.  Plus, this little stack, of five cards, will be perfect to give to one of my neighbors this Christmas.
I started this card by stamping the flower images and leaves, in Summer Sun, Brocade Blue, and Always Artichoke inks, on a piece of white cardstock, before adhering it to the Brocade Blue, cardstock, card face. 
I, then, stamped the "YOU'RE IN MY Thoughts" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, near the bottom of the card face, just right of center, and hand drew a Basic-Black-ink frame, approximately, 1/2" from the outside edges of the stamped piece, beginning and ending at either side of the sentiment.
A little glitter added to the centers of each flower completes the look.
All five were, then, bundled together, with envelopes, in a clear, cellophane bag, and tied off with a color-coordinating, fringed ribbon.
Later, and before delivery, I'll go back and make a little Christmas tag.  I just cannot seem to get my Christmas mojo together, when my mind is looking forward to fall; but I'll be sure to post what I come up with, right here, on the blog-o, for all to see.  Now, off you go to these other design team members' blogs.

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenburger
Kerriane Gwin
Savitri Wilder
Hannah Craner

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After & Guiding Light Sentiments (Wplus9) Paper: Brocade Blue (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Brocade Blue, Summer Sun, Always Artichoke, & Basic Black (SU) Other: glitter (Doodlebug Design)

5 comments:

Elise said...

WHAT a great gift this will make {lucky neighbor!} and WHAT a great card! I, TOTALLY, thought this card was layered and popped! That pen work is fabulous! What a great technique! Every card I used to make was one of MANY!!! These days, it's ALWAYS a limited edition - but you know what... I miss having a pile of beautiful, all purpose cards! {PLUS, stamping and stamping the same thing - is A LOT OF FUN!} Thanks for the reminder and for sharing this terrific project! {You're AWESOME!!!!} Wonderful job, sweet Jinny!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous set of cards love the colors!!!

Dawn said...

OMG girl...I think this set was MADE for you. Really love that color combo. I was standing in the checkout line yesterday and looked over and saw a magazine cover...an all white cake with precisely placed navy and golden yellow flowers, and thought to myself "oh, how pretty!". And I log on to see this! Just gorgeous, and I love how you made a set.

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty, love it!! :) :) :) :) :)

Dana said...

These are so cheery and beautiful! What a fabulous color combo!!