Wplus9 September Release Sneak Peek: Day 4

Monday, August 30, 2010

For this fourth and final day of Wplus9 Design's September, release sneak peeks, I have something, really, different for you all.  Look what I made!
I was, completely, inspired to make these from the Fabric Flowers Live Forever! post on the Hero Arts Club blog, but I mixed it up a bit.
I stamped the gardenia image, with Jet Black, StazOn ink, on my scrap fabrics; backed it with a matching piece of scrap fabric, wrong sides together; and machine stitched around the outside edges, leaving a small opening to stuff with poly-fil.  A wood dowel rod makes the perfect stuffing tool.  After stuffing, I took them back to my machine to stitch the opening closed, pulled the loose threads to the backside of the flowers, and tied them in a knot.  Once they were stitched closed and the loose ends were secured, I cut off the excess fabric, leaving a little space around the outside edge.  Now, you could use Fray Check, on the edges, if you wanted, but I happen to like the frayed look.  Matter of fact, I, actually, pulled out a lot of the threads to get more of that look :).  The flowers were, then, ready for embellishing.  I machine stitched a hot pink button on the pink, polka dot flower...
stuck a blue, Bella Brad right through the center of the blue, leafy flower...
and hand sewed a few, light yellow beads on the white flower.
They were all given green, felt leaves, which were stamped the same way as the flowers; hand cut out; and glued, with Fabri-Fix, to the backs of each flower.  More Fabri-Fix glued a pin to the back of the white one for me...
and hair clips, which I covered in color-coordinating, 3/8", grosgrain ribbon, to the other two for Adina.
Check out these sweet pictures of my baby girl saying "cheese" and doing the pink one proud in the dress I made for her back here.
It's super hard to get her to hold still for anything!  Can you tell :)?  Looking forward to seeing you all back here, tomorrow, for the big, release day, group post!  Don't forget to run check out all these other design team members' blogs, too!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenburger
Kerriane Gwin
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder


{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn) Other: scrap fabrics; color-coordinating thread & sewing machine; hot pink button (Paper Studio); light yellow Seed Beads (Create-a-Craft); blue Bella Brad (Pink Paislee); poly-fil; green felt; pins; hair clips; color-coordinating ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Fabri-Fix

9 comments:

Kerrianne said...

These are gorgeous!! Love what you did with the stamps to create such fun accessories!! And your daughter is a doll - LOVE that cupcake dress!! :-)

Kim Wilson said...

Ahhh I love these Jinny! I saw that on the HA blog too and was thinking of trying it sometime! I love the dress you made too, so adorable! I have made my little one dresses before too its hard work :P atleast for me lol!

Karen B. said...

What a clever idea!

Dawn said...

Can we say talented?! What a great idea, I love them all, but the white one is my favorite, I think it's the seed beads in the middle. But of course, that beautiful little lady makes quite the model for the pink one too!

Darsi said...

Love the fabric flowers, very cute!

Winter said...

Adorable! I love this idea! :)

Dana said...

These are so beautiful! What a fabulous idea! And what a sweet "baby!" ;)

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous! Jo x

Elise said...

YOU are SUCH a clever/CRAFTY {SUPER crafty!} girl, Jinny! These are so fetching! I love, love, love this image as wearable art ~ such a terrific use of this marvelous drawing! You are SUCH a fun and WONDERFUL creative force ~ I'm just thankful that I'm finally getting to know your fine, fine talent, via DAWN and Blogland! Yipeeee!