Curtain Call {Act 49} & Mojo158

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I combined Curtain Call's Color Challenge: {Act 49}...
with Mojo Monday's Week 158 Sketch for my papercrafty take, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by machine stitching, with brown-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of a square of sheet music, patterned paper and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  I, then, stamped the letters, in Moonlight White ink, on Basic Black cardstock; framed it with a piece of Real Red cardstock; machine stitched a red-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its edges; and adhered it in the top center of the card face.  The school days, patterned paper was adhered to a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock; machine stitched, around its edges, with brown-threaded, straight stitches; adhered just below the stamped, chalkboard piece; and anchored with a few staples.  I, then, tucked the ends of an ivory and red, gingham bow under the bottom of the prepped, school days, patterned paper and the top of the prepped, letters cardstock and embellished its center with a Pure Poppy buttons, laced with Baker's Twine.
A punched, distressed, and layered, phone book flower, embellished with a glitter, apple button...
a few, pearlized, black brads...
and a stamped, in Basic Black ink, "thank you" sentiment, complete the look.
I have no idea who will receive this card.  I don't have the privilege of making such for Ezekiel's teacher(s), since we're homeschooling; but when I saw this color combo, I knew that it would be perfect for a teacher card.  Plus, being a former teacher myself, making them just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling :).

I didn't get that grocery shopping done, yesterday, after all. Lots of issues with our car that, I'm sure, are going to end up costing us a small fortune. Bummer! We, still, fortunately, have my hubby's work truck, though, so he's great at picking up little things that we need.  Have a great day, everyone!

Oh!  And it's taken me a week to post this, but I by no means want to diminish or appear ungrateful for what Dana, Sabrina, and Stefanie, over at Aspiring to Creativity, did for me.  I am, completely, honored!  I've just been a bit embarrassed, AND at the same time, super, stinkin' excited, by this post.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, ladies!  You all are so inspiring, thoughtful, and, stunningly (Literally!  I've been rendered speechless!), kind!  Thank you!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Note of Thanks & Nursery Letters Jumbo Wheel (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Basic Black, & Chocolate Chip (SU); sheet music patterned (Paper Studio); school days patterned (daisyd's) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: brown & red thread & sewing machine; black, pearlized brads (Paper Studio); Pure Poppy button (PTI); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); glitter, apple button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); Scallop Circle punch (SU); staples & stapler

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card. Love the papers, the pretty flower with the sparkly apple button... Great use of the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtian Call. :o)

Stacey Schafer said...

how cute, Jinny! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Laurie said...

Adorable! I love the flower and the music background!

Noelle said...

This is SO cute!! LOVE that gingham bow & sheet music! :)