CCG #157 & Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's been a busy week around our place.  While BJ attended meetings, at church, for much of the weekend, I looked after the kiddos, ran errands, cooked, cleaned, and prepared for the Overland Park, Kid's Closet, consignment sale.
Talk about a big task!  I stain-fought, washed/dried, created tags for, pinned, hunted for wire hangers for, and sorted, by size and gender, tons of old, gently-worn, out-of-size clothing.
I, also, tied red, yarn bows around all the hangers in an attempt to make locating my un-purchased merchandise, after the sale closes, easier.
I'm crossing my fingers to earn a little to purchase my kiddos' winter clothing.  Then, last night, I got to do a little shopping, of my own, at the sale, but was, completely, overwhelmed and only came home with a few, needed items, for them both, after working a four-hour, volunteer shift in the checkout line.  Needless to say, I'm exhausted and off to try to rest a little, before the kiddos get up from their rest times; because BJ will be gone, again, tonight.  Ugh!  I didn't want to leave you all without a little papercrafty inspiration, though.  So, I combined Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #157...
with Sketchy Thursdays' latest sketch...
to bring you all a layout for today.
I started this layout by clear embossing the polka dots on the white cardstock page.  I, then, sprayed everything with a hint of Bubblegum Glimmer Mist.  Soooo LOVE the shine!  Unfortunately, it's difficult to see in pictures.  Bummer!  Anyway, after it was dry, I wiped the pooled-up Glimmer Mist off my embossed polka dots and embellished them with pink, kraft, and black buttons, a few of which were laced with white string.
I, then, penned a Basic Black frame around the entire layout, approximately, 1/4" from the outside edges.  My pictures were framed with Crumb Cake cardstock, before being adhered to the layout surface; and the far right photograph was embellished with a binder clip, dressed up with lots of color-coordinating, scrap ribbons.
After journaling, Just smiling at Daddy and cuddling your new lovey on your first..., I added a length of decorative, pink tape and adhered the partial, puffy, Thicker, "day" title, to its right edge, above it.  The completed, "heart" title was made by stamping the polka dot heart, in Basic Black ink, on Pretty in Pink cardstock; hand cutting it out; and adhering it to the layout, with dimensionals, in front of the partial, "day" title and overhanging the decorative tape.  I, then, clear embossed the leafy heart image on Pretty in Pink cardstock; hand cut it out; adhered it, with dimensionals, in the center of the previously, stamped heart; and embellished it with a pink button, laced with white string, tied in a bow.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a spectacular day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Little Shapes & I {Heart} Hearts (SU) Paper: Pretty in Pink & Crumb Cake (SU); white (K&Company) Ink: Pretty in Pink & Basic Black (SU); VersaMark Other: clear embossing powder (SU); all ribbons (Hobby Lobby); white string; black, puffy Thickers (American Crafts); dimensionals; decorative, pink tape (Martha Stewart); pink buttons (Paper Studio); kraft buttons (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); black buttons; Bubblegum Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); binder clip (Carolina Pad)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Great LO!! LOVE IT!! That looks like a crazy task! EEK! So I need you to email me, I cant find your email here to email you. Mine is weememories@aol.com please email me SOON!!

Kim Ryden said...

Love the embossed a spritzed circles!

Savitri said...

This is so cute!! Awesome page!
Good luck with the sale! You're one organized person. This is why I always end up sending everything to Big Brothers... I just have to stuff everything in a bag :P

Kristina said...

What a sweet LO. Love the misting.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good luck with the sale!! I love love love love your lo!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the misting and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the buttons!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Adorable page!! Great buttons and love that heart!