CCG #159

Monday, September 13, 2010

We had such a fun, full, and busy weekend!  I have so many pictures to show you all, but in order to spare those coming here for papercrafty inspiration, I'll save them for another post.  I have my take on Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #159, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by adhering the the blue, lined and distressed, patterned paper, which had its left side corners rounded, to the Daffodil Delight, cardstock, card face.  I, then, framed my pictures with Going Gray, textured cardstock; ran a yellow, cardstock, rick rack die-cut down the center of the pictures; and adhered them, close to the bottom right corner, over both existing layers.  The stars were stamped, in Basic Gray ink, on the punched, notebook, patterned paper, which was adhered, over and near the left side of the blue, patterned paper, under the left edge of the framed photos.  I did stamp off the Basic Gray ink once, before stamping on the notebook, patterned paper, as suggested by my friend Kim, to get closer to the same color as the Going Gray, cardstock, photo frame.  I, then, machine stitched messy, gray-threaded, straight stitches around the outside edges of the Daffodil Delight, cardstock page and gray-threaded, zig-zag stitches, back and forth, in several, strategic places, around the outside edges of the blue, patterned paper.
Finally, I adhered the yellow, chipboard, glitter, "WORKIN' HARD", Thickers title and journaled, just under it, You are so excited to learn and want to do everything on your own.  Preschool '07-'08, on the notebook, patterned paper.
As always, thank you for visiting my blog!  I hope that you all have a good start to a fantastic, work week!  Oh!  And I want to thank Laura and Kazan, over at 2 Sketches 4 You, for making my day and picking this card as one of their Fab 5!  LOVE playing along with you, ladies!  Be sure to go check out all the other, fabulous entries!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Stars & Swirls (SU) Paper: Daffodil Delight & Going Gray (SU); blue, lined & distressed patterned (BoBunny); notebook patterned (Karen Foster) Ink: Basic Gray & Basic Black (SU) Other: gray thread & sewing machine; Spiral & Corner punch (SU); yellow, chipboard, glitter Thickers (American Crafts); yellow, cardstock, rick rack die-cut (Bazzill Basics)

1 comment:

Kim Ryden said...

I'm glad that you got those yellow Thickers! :) And I'm glad that you got to finish this page by your sewing machine! It looks perfect with that stitching! :)