Color Cue {8}

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yippeee!  It's that time again!  I have, always, loved playing along with Wplus9 Design's Color Cues; and with the exception of being on this side of the challenge, Color Cue {8} is no different.
I have got to admit that, at first glance, these colors did remind me a bit of the Redskins' jerseys on a green, football field.  I'm so grateful to Dawn for picking a soft yellow rather than bright yellow, or I might never have gotten past that.  Hee!  Hee!  Anyway, once I got to playing, I realized just how, absolutely, gorgeous these colors, actually, were together, and my take became one the furthest things from football.  Leave it to Dawn!  Without further ado, here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping the larger, solid, flower image, several times, in Barely Banana ink, on a piece of white cardstock; the smaller, solid, flower image, several times, in Bravo Burgundy ink, on that same piece of white cardstock; and again, on that same piece of white cardstock, stamped the solid, leaf image, several times, in Old Olive ink.
I, then, distressed the stamped piece's edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, before framing it in So Saffron cardstock and adhering it to the Bravo Burgundy, cardstock, card face.  The "The heart blooms with Love" sentiment was stamped, in Old Olive ink, on Old Olive cardstock; punched out (Thanks for letting me use your fabulous punch, Kim!); distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhered, with dimensionals, just above horizontal center, in the vertical center of the card face.
A velvet, grosgrain, burgundy ribbon was wrapped around the card, below the sentiment piece, and tied in a bow, just right of center.  Two, green, leaf pins, stuck through the center of my bow, were the perfect, finishing touch.
Thanks for visiting me!  I hope that I've inspired you to take on this challenge with gusto and finesse!  You have until 10:59 pm EST, on Thursday, October 7th, to play along.  I cannot wait to see what you all come up with, and be sure to check out all the other design team members' creations.

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder
Hannah Craner

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, & Old Olive (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Barely Banana, Bravo Burgundy, & Old Olive (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: Decorative Label punch (SU); velvet, grosgrain, burgundy ribbon (Hobby Lobby); green, leaf pins (Maya Road); dimensionals

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful, Jinny! You are such a wonderful addition to the Wplus9 team! Seriously. I love your style.

Elise said...

Holy MOLY - this is GORGEOUS! What a FANTASTIC celebration of color you've got going on here! Your layers and elaborate stamping has me itching to play SOME MORE!!! Yipeee Skipeee - you are GOOOOOD, Jinny! {*wink!*} How I DO love your show, sweet and crafty sister-o-the-craft! Yee Haw!

Karen B. said...

so beautiful! the ribbon is scrumptious.

Dawn said...

You've really made these colors shine girl! Too funny about the "Garnet and Gold" reference...although down here, we think of the 'Noles. ;o)

Kerrianne said...

OMG Dawn I thought the exact same thing when I read her post about the "noles"!!! TOoooo funny!!!

Jinny...you are seriously ROCKING these stamps and that velvet ribbon is so luscious!!! LOVE this gorgeous card! Great job girl!

Davi said...

Jinny this card is really beautiful!! I love the dp, layers and that rich velvet ribbon so enhances the colors!!

Laurie said...

This is soooo pretty! I love that velvet ribbon! Those flowers are so bold and really this is just gorgeous!