OTWC #23 & Mojo 155

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm back, again, today, to show you all a fun, little card that I made, just because, for a certain, young, growing-up-too-fast nephew of mine.  I used Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #23...
and Mojo Monday's Week 155 Sketch for inspiration.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by piecing together my patterned papers on the Cherry Cobbler, cardstock, card face.  I, then, machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around their edges and wrapped a black, satin ribbon around the card face, between the upper, vertical, patterned papers and lower, horizontal, patterned paper, tying it in a knot, just right of center.
A Basic Black, cardstock circle was stamped, in Moonlight White ink, with flourishes and clear embossed with the "h" monogram, before being adhered, with dimensionals, just above center, over all existing layers.  Finally, I embellished its upper right edge with a few, turquoise gemstones...
and adhered, with dimensionals, the stamped, in Basic Black ink, on white cardstock; punched; and framed, with Basic Black cardstock, "life is wonderful because of you" sentiment, to complete the look.
I hope you all have a wonderful evening!  And if this is your first stop by my blog, today, be sure to scroll down to check out my previous, The Color Room #22 post.  Thanks so much!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Magical Moments (Wplus9); Flourishes v2 & Typewriter Hand Drawn (Autumn Leaves) Paper: Cherry Cobbler & Basic Black (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); black, red, & white, polka dot & star patterned (sei); black & white, checkered & argyle patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Black (SU); VersaMark; Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: turquoise gemstones (Paper Studio); Tag punch & clear embossing powder (SU); black, satin ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white thread & sewing machine

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

What an awesomely detailed card that doesn't overpower! Love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is soooo pretty!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!

Kim Wilson said...

Aww this is super Jinny! I love the stitching and the paper piecing! Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Love the mix of patterns! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday :)