PDCC48 & Pencil Lines 204

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I have to admit that I was, completely, surprised at how much I loved working with The Playdate Cafe's Challenge #48 colors in my Scrappy Saturday Challenge #24 Blog Hop post.
I mean, I don't think that, without the challenge, I ever would have put them together; but I, truly, love them!  Leave it to The Play Date Cafe Design Team!  Matter of fact, I thought they were so fantastic, that I decided to use them, again, for a layout.  I combined them with Pencil Lines' Sketch 204, provided by Leah Farquharson...
and came up with this.
I started this layout by adhering the floral, patterned paper to the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock page and machine stitching a gray-threaded, double frame around its edges.  I, then, stamped the letters, in Basic Black ink, on a strip of Basic Gray cardstock; tore it down its left side; adhered it, just inside the stitched frame, down the left side of the layout; and embellished it with a punched strip of clear cardstock and a strip of Old Olive cardstock, which had gray-threaded, straight stitches ran down either of its sides.  After adhering pictures, I added a couple, black, crystal flourishes in the top...
and bottom, left corners and a gray, lace flower, embellished with a couple, green, leaf pins and a purple button, dressed up with clear gemstones.
A few, more, clear gemstones, added to the top and bottom, right corners...
and a silver, glittered, "Getting Ready For Baby" title, complete the look.
I'm off to begin working on a grocery list.  Our car is in the shop, but I'm hoping to have it fixed and back by this evening.  Our fridge is sitting on empty!  Have a great day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Nursery Letters Jumbo Wheel (SU) Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray, & Old Olive (SU); clear (PTI); floral patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: black, crystal flourishes (Prima); clear gemstones & purple button (Paper Studio); gray, lace trim (Bazzill Basics); green, leaf pins (Maya Road); gray thread & sewing machine; glitter, adhesive transfers & silver glitter (K&Company); edger punch (EK Success)

7 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful LO, the stitching and embellishments look great! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOW! This LO is stunning--love your stitching and those gems! The pics are precious;) Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Kim Wilson said...

Wow Jinny! This is adorable! The color combo works so well with the LO! :) Thank you for the comment btw! You are too sweet! Cant wait to share them!!!

Jenny said...

Soooo pretty! LOVE this LO!! :D great job!!!

Julie Ranae said...

This is CrAzY gorgeous, Jinny! Love this LO and it's always a nice addition to our gallery over at The Play Date Cafe.

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE this layout and I agree with you about the colors! I probably wouldn't have put them together without Play Date! The LO sketch really worked well for you pics! Really enjoyed looking at this!

Suzanne C said...

Love the layout! The design is fabulous and the use of the colors fantatstic. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC and so glad you created a lo!