Practicing Creativity: Courtney's Sketch

Friday, September 10, 2010

I have a fun, little card, that I put together, for you all, today, using Courtney's Sketch, which was created to celebrate her current stamp release, over at Practicing Creativity.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping the Old Olive cardstock, in Old Olive ink, with leaf stems and the Barely Banana cardstock, in Barely Banana ink, with flower images.  I, then, cut half circles from each piece, so they'd form a full circle, when pieced together, and machine stitched white-threaded, straight stitches around their edges, before adhering them to the Basic Black, cardstock, card face.
The center of the circle was embellished with a stamped, fabric, flower pin, which I made in the very same way that I made the pin I revealed in my Wplus9 September Release Sneak Peek: Day 4 post.
It is, also, super easy to remove and wear.  Fun stuff!
A few Rain Dots, in the bottom right corner and upper left corner of the Stamped, Old Olive, cardstock piece, complete the look.
I'll be back, tomorrow morning, with another, fun Scrappy Saturday Challenge, courtesy of Wee Memories, for you all.  And remember, that you, still, have until 11:59 pm tonight to link up your take for the current Wee Ones Challenge.  LOVE to have you all come play with us!  Have an awesome start to your weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After & Design Basics: Backgrounds II (Wplus9) Paper: Old Olive, Barely Banana, & Basic Black (SU) Ink: Old Olive & Barely Banana (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread & sewing machine; Rain Dots (Cloud 9); white fabric; green felt; light yellow, Seed Beads (Create-A-Craft); pin; Fabri-Fix

5 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us girl!

Dawn said...

Love how this turned out! You are making me want to break out the Backgrounds II set! ;o)

Laurel said...

OH I love this!

Karen B. said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! Love the colors, love the felt.

Dana said...

Wow!! I love, love, LOVE this card! I want to marry it and have its babies!! ;) Just gorgeous!