Scrappy Saturday Challenge #22

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I've got another, Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge, for you all, today... specifically, Challenge #22: Fall Into Autumn.
It is sponsored by sei with a prize of two, acrylic stamp sets and ink.  Yihoo!  Fun stuff!  Now, how about a little inspiration?  I used Scrapville's August card sketch to get me going.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by creating that gorgeous, fall, patterned, paper background.  To do so, I stamped the acorn and leaf images, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; water colored them in shades of Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip inks; gussied up the dots, around the images, with my Stardust pen; and spritzed everything with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist, which I sooo wish that I could get the right angle on to capture on film.
I, then, cut my paper into strips; machine stitched yellow-threaded, straight stitches around their edges; and adhered them to the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock, card face.
A yellow, satin ribbon, wrapped around the card face and tied in a bow, just left of center, draws your eye to the hand cut leaves, which were made, exactly, the same way as the patterned paper above, covered in Crystal Effects, and hand cut out, before being adhered, above the ribbon, just at their centers.
Finally, I stamped the "you're never more than a thought away." sentiment, in Elegant Eggplant ink, on white cardstock; spritzed it with more, Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist; punched it out; framed it with more, Elegant Eggplant cardstock; and adhered it, below the ribbon, with dimensionals.
This card didn't use all my pretty, prepped, patterned paper; but don't think, even for a second, that I wasted one inch of that yummy goodness.  I used the leftovers to make another card, of course!
I started this card by machine stitching a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of my prepped, patterned paper and adhering it, horizontally, across the bottom of my Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I, then, stamped the pumpkin images, in Perfect Medium, on Real Red cardstock and brushed them with Bronze Perfect Pearls.  The leaf images were stamped, in Summer Sun ink, on Summer Sun cardstock and dry embossed with horizontal stripes.  The acorns were, then, clear embossed on Perfect Plum cardstock, before all the prepped, cardstock strips were adhered, vertically, side by side, above the previously adhered, prepped piece.
A little white-threaded, zig-zag stitching between the connections and a Plum Pudding, saddle stitch ribbon, stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "a note for you" sentiment; wrapped around the card face; and tied in a bow, just left of center, complete the look.
This card just so happens to have been in Paige's line-up, on Thursday, over at CREATE:, for her 100% Stamped Challenge.  Eeek!  It never gets old!  Thanks so much, Paige!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with!  You have until next Friday, September 17th, at 11:59 pm, to play along.  Now, get creating :)!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fall Whimsy & Whimsical Words (SU) Paper: Elegant Eggplant (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant, Close to Cocoa, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: yellow thread & sewing machine; yellow, satin ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Crystal Effects & Tag punch (SU); Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Stardust pen; dimensionals
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fall Whimsy & Sweet Little Sentiments (SU) Paper: Real Red, Summer Sun, Perfect Plum, & Crumb Cake (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Close to Cocoa, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); VersaMark Other: white thread & sewing machine; Stardust pen; Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); score board (Martha Stewart); clear embossing powder (SU); Bronze Perfect Pearls & Perfect Medium (Ranger); Plum Pudding, saddle stitch ribbon (PTI)

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Love them!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and congrats......I saw your card on the CREATE Blog....yay!!!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous, Jinny!

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE your created patterned paper:)

Ann said...

Gorgeous cards, Jinny! I love the color combo!