Scrapville August LO Sketch

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I was soooo excited to find my September, Jenni Bowlin kit, in the mail, yesterday, and even more excited to find that most of the kit contents were from Jenni Bowlin herself.  Yihooo!  Check out these yummy pictures!
Here's the low-down:
  • 6 JBS Pattern Papers
  • 1 JBS Die Cut Paper
  • 2 Bazzill Basics Cardstocks
  • 1 JBS Coredinations Embossed Cardstock
  • 2 sheets of Exclusive Mercantile Pattern Paper
  • 1 Exclusive Mercantile Journaling Card
  • 1 Exclusive Mercantile Alpha Sticker Sheet
  • 1 package of JBS Journaling Cards
  • 1 set of 6 JBS Mini Papers
  • 1 sheet of JBS Mini Chalkboard Alpha Stickers
  • 1 sheet of JBS Star Banner Stickers
  • 1 package of JBS Red Vellum Butterflies
  • 1 package of JBS Yellow Pearl Buttons
  • 1 sheet of 7gypsies Rub-Ons
  • 1 pillow box filled with the following:
    • 6 JBS Brown Vintage Buttons
    • 1 yard of Prima sheer rose trim
    • 1 Tim Holtz watch face
Yum-O!  Naturally, my take on Scrapville's August Layout Sketch was, completely, inspired by my new acquisitions.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by adhering the strips of patterned papers, vertically, across the soft-green, textured, cardstock page and machine stitching brown-threaded, straight stitches around their edges.  I, then, machine stitched brown-threaded, butterfly trails, beginning between the two, far left, patterned, paper strips and ending, haphazardly, across the top of the layout, with my new, gorgeous, vellum, embellished butterflies.
After adhering the pictures, across the bottom of the page, I added a coordinating, journal card, which reads, I was so surprised, when I heard beautiful music coming from Ezekiel's room, to walk around the corner to find you just playing away, and the green, alpha, "FutURe MusICian", sticker title, just above it, to complete the look.
Hope you're all having a great day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: soft-green textured (Bazzill Basics); all patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: green alphas, embellished butterflies, & journaling card (Jenni Bowlin); brown thread & sewing machine

No comments: