September 2008 Scrapbook Club LO

Monday, September 27, 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Ours turned out to be much more rainy than was, originally, forecasted; but I'm happy to say that we, finally, got to use all those apples, that we picked way back here.  I put the boys to work peeling and coring...
while Adina discovered that her brother's bedroom door had been left open, by accident, and went on a treasure hunt.
She's a HUGE getter-in-to-er, but several hours and one super, sticky kitchen later, we had made and canned 36 pints of apple butter.
Yum-O!  Now, won't those make fine, Christmas gifts with a fun, little tag?!  Plus, we have plenty of apples leftover for lunches and snacks and several, scrumptious desserts.  I'm thinking an apple crisp would be perfect for dinner!
I, also, came across some, gorgeous pictures, of my kiddos, this weekend.  They were just calling out to be put on a page.  So, I thumbed through a stack of my unfinished, Scrapbook Club pages; picked the perfect layout; gussied it up; and added my pictures, for a little, instant gratification.  Here's what I came up with.
We started this layout, at club, by adhering the patterned papers across the top and bottom of the Real Red, cardstock pages; punching the circles from Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Whisper White, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock and adhering them, haphazardly, across the top of the striped, patterned paper.  Some of the Whisper White, punched, cardstock circles were stamped, with the apple images, in Real Red, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip inks.  A few rubons...
and a Whisper White, cardstock, photo mat, embellished with a Kiwi Kiss, grosgrain ribbon, stapled in place, completed our night at club.
Once home, I machine stitched gray-threaded, straight stitches across the top and bottom of the gray, patterned paper and across the bottom of the striped, patterned paper and added a little Crystal Effects, to my stamped apples, for shine.
After adhering pictures, I stamped the "adorable" title, in Real Red ink, inside the cardstock, photo mat, above the picture.  I, than, matted an ivory, cardstock, green-edged, circle sticker with a punched, from Not Quite Navy cardstock, scallop circle; adhered it, with dimensionals, just to the left of the title itself; and completed it with a felt, letter "A".
A length of artisan tape, adhered above the left, two pictures, and a journaling card, which reads, Enjoying a beautiful Fall day, taking pics of my gorgeous kiddos...
completes the left side of the layout.
The right side of the layout boasts the same, artisan tape.  I, also, added, with dimensionals, a red, polka dot, die-cut heart and embellished it with a couple of staples and a green, rectangle, cardstock sticker, which, also, had a staple run through it.
I know that I, still, have our camping pictures, from last weekend, to show you all; but when I uploaded the ones that I took with my camera, I realized that my Mom had most of the good ones on hers.  She took lots, for me, while I tended to the kiddos.  So, as soon as she passes them along, I'll be sure to post them.  Have a fantastic week, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Tart & Tangy & Warm Words (SU) Paper: Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, & all patterned (SU) Ink: Real Red, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, & Basic Black (SU) Other: artisan tape (Pink Paislee); journaling card & die-cut heart (Jenni Bowlin); felt "A" (Hobby Lobby); green, cardstock stickers (October Afternoon); Kiwi Kiss, grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, rubons, & 1-3/8" Circle & Scallop Circle punches (SU); staples & stapler; gray thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great LO! Soooo pretty!! :D love it! :D