Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm so excited to, finally, be getting some of my baby girl's first birthday pictures scrapbooked, especially, since her second birthday is right around the corner.  Yikes!  I'd better start thinking about those invitations.  Huh?!  Anyway, I used all the same colors as her "Gifts" layout; some of the same papers; the same general, "pumpkin" theme; the same lettering; and the current sketch, over at Sketchy Thursdays, as inspiration.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by trimming the yellow, floral, patterned paper, across the top and bottom, with punched strips of multi-colored, floral, patterned paper; adhering it to the So Saffron, textured, cardstock page; and machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches around its edges.  I, then, hand stitched, with olive, embroidery floss, a row across the top of the bottom, punched, patterned, paper strip, as well as a row across the bottom of the top, punched, patterned, paper strip, leaving a space, in the top line, to tie a small bow, near the left edge of the layout.  After adhering pictures, I tucked a die-cut tab, stamped, in Old Olive ink, with the "celebrate one cupcake at a time!" subtitle, under the far right photograph in the bottom row.
The "CUPCAKE" title was cut, with my Cricut, from Pumpkin Pie cardstock and more of the multi-colored, floral, patterned paper.  Finally, I embellished with a portion of one of the cupcake toppers, from her party, here; some hand cut, from the multi-colored, floral, patterned paper, flowers; orange gemstones; and a couple, green, leaf pins.
Before I run, I just had to show you all these sweet pictures of my baby girl.  She had been throwing a fit about something.  I cannot, even, remember, now.  It's a pre-two-year-old thing.  Anyway, I sent her to time out, screaming all the while; and by the time she had stopped screaming (I mean within about 30 seconds.), I peeked around the corner to find this.
It's no wonder the screaming stopped.  All that fit-throwing wears a girl out!  Hee!  Hee!  Have a great night, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sweet Little Sentiments (SU) Paper: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, & Old Olive & yellow, floral patterned (SU); multi-colored, floral patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Old Olive (SU) Other: olive, embroidery floss; white thread & sewing machine; Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); Storybook & Speaking of Fall, Cricut cartridges (Provo Craft); Scallop Circle punch & paper piercing tool (SU); green, leaf pins (Maya Road); white glitter (Doodlebug Design); orange gemstones (K&Company); die-cut tab (Scenic Route); dimensionals

3 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Super cute picture! And I do love your page!! How fun and love the titlework!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hehehehehehehe...those time out photos are ADORABLE!! And I love love love love love your lo!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and loving the title work on the side!! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenny said...

Awww so adorable, I just love that picture!!! :) :) :) :) :) so sweet. Wonderful LO!!!