All Eyes On... Poinsettia Patterns

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Welcome to Wplus9's, October All Eyes On!  This month, Dawn challenged each of us designers to create a card using our favorite Wplus9 stamp set or the set we're diggin' at the moment.  Well, those of you who are followers of my blog know, full well, how much I LOVE Ever After.  I'm, still, calling it my fave; but I'm, really, loving Poinsettia Patterns right now.  And since I use the former sooooo much, I thought that I'd focus on the latter today.
Call it the country girl in me, but every time that I create a pattern with any of the images in this set, I, almost immediately, think of a quilt.  So, I thought that I'd get it out of system and started this card by stamping the two, design images, in Real Red and Barely Banana inks, on white cardstock; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, quilt lines, right over the design; and adhering it to the Real Red, cardstock, card face.
I, then, wrapped a length of crinkled, white, seam binding ribbon around the card face; tied it in a dressy bow, just to the right of vertical center; and embellished it with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow, and a stamped, in Real Red ink, on white cardstock; hand cut; and distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, "HAPPY Holidays" sentiment.
Finally, I painted the chipboard star in Lemonade, acrylic paint; distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks (Ya think that I distressed this card enough?  Ha!); glittered it; and adhered it, in the vertical center of the card face, just above horizontal center, under the sentiment tag, over the ribbon, and just to the left of the embellished bow.
If I haven't said it before, and if you don't, already, have it, I know that you'll love, love, LOVE Poinsettia Patterns as much as I do!    It's my new go-to set!  Before you run off to whatever has you running, today, please, take a moment to check out the other design team members' favorite sets, too, and have a wonderful day!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Savitri Wilder

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Poinsettia Patterns (Wplus9) Paper: Real Red (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Real Red & Barely Banana (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white, seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Pure Poppy button (PTI); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); white glitter (K&Company); Lemonade, acrylic paint (FolkArt); chipboard star (SU); white thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

8 comments:

annieambriel said...

such a gorgeous card! Wonderful stamping and use of colours. Beautiful.... makes me wanna order Now.. :)

Elise said...

What can you say to ALL that distressing!?! I'm not distressed AT ALL! hee hee This card is distressed into shear fabulousness! I'm IN LOVE! Madame, exquisite pattern: break out the Christmas Carols and craft me some SANTA! This is stunning! So delighted to see that you can't put this spectacular set down - I think I'm somehow EVEN MORE in love with Dawn's entire collection! Just the act of choosing got me all revved up: seeing YOUR card just made it THAT much more juicy! TERRIFIC stamping, you crafty babe! Yeee Haw! Thanks for the fantastic creative ju-ju!

Isha said...

This is really lovely. I also love this pattern from the preview. Wish I could get it...lol.

lynn said...

love the quilting, glitter, stamping, and the cute ribbon!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a stunning card. Love the colors.

Kerrianne said...

Jinny this card is so warm and cozy! Makes me want to wrap up in a big warm quilt and sip some hot cocoa! Beautiful!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, your finished card with that amazing pattern is so neat but even more then that I love the colors! The star looks so neat.

Dana said...

So pretty, pretty, pretty!