ColourQ #53 & VSWCMD3

Friday, October 8, 2010

This weekend we're celebrating BJ's mom's 60th birthday with a family trip to World's of Fun.  His siblings are all traveling to KC and staying in a cabin near the park.  My hope is that, even though we won't be able to take part in all the festivities, she will feel honored and blessed.  My final, papercrafty take, for today, is her birthday card, which I'm hoping she doesn't see before tomorrow, when I'll be giving it to her, being as she'll be super busy getting ready for and welcoming her children into the area.
I started this card by masking a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock, with flowers and leaves, and inking the paper around it with Faded Jeans ink.  I, then, spritzed the entire piece with Pearl Glimmer Mist and machine stitched a light-green-threaded, straight-stitch, double frame around its edges.
The hand-cut, polka dot, patterned, paper heart was, then, adhered in the center of the frame and anchored with a few, hand-stitched, with green, embroidery floss, crosses.
A length of Certainly Celery, grosgrain ribbon was wrapped, vertically, near the left side of the prepped piece, over its top, before it was adhered to the Pacific Point, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I stamped the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment, in Azurite ink, on white cardstock, in the center of the stamped, in Pumpkin Pie ink, frame; punched it out; dressed it up with a few, clear gemstones; and adhered it, with dimensionals, below a Certainly Celery, grosgrain, ribbon bow, which was embellished with an orange button, laced with white string.
My inspiration, for this card, came from ColourQ's Challenge #53...
and Verve's World Card Making Day Release Challenges: Sketch 3.
If this is your first stop by my blog, today, please be sure to check out my previous VSWCMD2 & 4 post, and thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fantastic weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Labels (SU) Paper: Baja Breeze & Pacific Point (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); polka dot patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU); Faded Jeans (Ranger); Azurite (Colorbox Chalk) Other: light green thread & sewing machine; green, embroidery floss; Certainly Celery, grosgrain ribbon, Curly Label punch, & paper piercing tool (SU); orange button & clear gemstones (Paper Studio); white string; dimensionals; Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); floral mask (Tim Holtz)

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love your card, Jinny! It is so unique in design and what you did with you materials. I love how you used your color as well. thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!! The details are soooo awesome!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the different stitching techniques you used.

kasia c. said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the little details. The stitching, the twine in the button and those little green cross-stitches, so cute! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ this week. :)

Rose said...

Hi Jinny - this is so fun and sweet!! I've got a special award for you on my blog - come by and pick it up ;)

hugs,
Rose

Savitri said...

How CUTE!! I love the colors and your take!! I did some stitching today and my thread broke in the middle of it. So had to do some clever covering up job. Aaah.... love and hate my sewing machine :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the hand cut heart! LOVE the embroidery crosses! LOVE the machine stitching - MUST get my sewing machine out! FAB card!