Embellish Felt Color Challenge & 2S4Y Sketch 64

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I hope that you're all having a wonderful day!  It's chilly and cloudy here, but fall is in the air, and I couldn't be more happy about that!  I have a fun, little, friend card, for you all, today.
I started this card by spritzing my Pretty in Pink, cardstock, card face with Pretty in Pink ink; distressing its edges with Moonlight White ink...
cutting, about 1/2", off its right, front edge; trimming it with a punched strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock; and machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between the two cardstocks.  I, then, tucked a length of So Saffron, grosgrain ribbon over the top edge of the card face; added a trimmed, with pinking shears, red, felt square to its center; and machine stitched the felt into place with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches.
The felt's top was decked out with a So Saffron, grosgrain, ribbon bow...
and its center with a stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, on white cardstock, and hand cut heart, which was anchored with a few, pink, embroidery, floss stitches.
A stamped, in Real Red ink, on white cardstock, and hand cut, "i {heart} you, friend" sentiment and brown button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow, complete the look.  Oh!  And I, also, added Crystal Effects to the little heart, in the sentiment, just for a bit of shine.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Embellish's Felt Color Challenge...
and 2 Sketches 4 You's Kazan's Sketch 64.
I'll be back, late tonight, with another, Wplus9 All Eyes On...  Until then, thanks, as always, for checking in on me, and enjoy the rest of your day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts & Picture This (SU) Paper: Pretty in Pink & Chocolate Chip (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Pretty in Pink & Real Red (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: white thread & sewing machine; pinking shears; Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); pink, embroidery floss; Crystal Effects, Spritzer tool, & So Saffron, grosgrain ribbon (SU); red felt; brown button (Jenni Bowlin)

8 comments:

Karen B. said...

So pretty Jinny, you've got such great attention to detail.

Elise said...

Little girl, this card has me positively dreamy! What a GLORIOUS creation! That felt... oh, THAT detail! This makes me think of some, spectacular, artisan confection, to beautiful to consume... What a GRAND use of this challenge: you ROCKED it, m'dear! Yeee haw!

Cristina said...

So cute!!! It has such a warm feel.

Kazan Clark said...

your card is perfectly darling - love the different textures
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Rose said...

Hi Jinny! I love love love your card! So sweet and great job incorporating the 2 challenges! The felt is awesome! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y this week ;)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! I like a lot those criss cross stitches! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sarah Martina said...

This is SO pretty Jinny! Love it to pieces! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! I love the spritzed background and the stitched x's.