A Little of This & A Little of That

Monday, October 11, 2010

We had a super busy weekend, and yet, we, really, didn't accomplish much, either.  Bummer!  We're all just so exhausted, that we wanted to crawl back into bed this morning and start the weekend all over again, but we're doing the responsible thing and heading off to work and school, as usual.  I do have a few, fun pictures, to show you all, of our trip to Worlds of Fun.  The kiddos had a super fun time at Camp Snoopy!
Adina loved the bounce house most of all.
Ezekiel's favorite ride was the airplanes.  He said that it was because he was in one of the highest planes.
Everyone loved the ball house.  Hee!  That's BJ behind Adina!
And this is what we all felt like by the end of the day.
Because I'm feeling a bit like the weather here (It's dark, rainy, and cold.), on this gloomy, Monday morning, I thought that I would attempt to pick myself up, a bit, by doing the challenge laid out for me in my Hearing from God Each Morning devotional by Joyce Meyer.  It said to write down ten reasons to be enthusiastic about my relationship with God.  Now, that shouldn't be too difficult!
  1. He died, on the cross, for me.  ME!
  2. He loves and accepts me for who I am, quirks and all, and who He's created me to be.
  3. He thought enough of me to bless me with my greatest gifts... BJ, Ezekiel, and Adina.
  4. He has given me the Holy Spirit to guide and direct my daily walk with Him.
  5. He is preparing a heavenly home for me.
  6. He brings me comfort and peace, when the whole world seems to be falling apart in front of me.
  7. He shows His grace, to me, again and again, even when I make mistakes and get misguided along the way.
  8. He has promised me a hope and a future.
  9. Even when no one else understands what I'm going through, He does.
  10. He's, always, available to talk and listen and never gets distracted by football or Twitter updates.
And that, definitely, puts a smile on my face!  I, also, have three things to tell you about myself to go along with the recent, Cherry on Top, blog award that the sweet Rosemarie honored me with.  Thanks so much, Rose!
So, here goes.
  1. I LOVE M&M's and Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
  2. I watch Little Women every Christmas, and sometimes in between, and can't help crying every time.
  3. I collect old aprons and hankies and wish I could convince my hubby to take me antique shopping every weekend.
And, now, I get to pass this award on to five, inspirational bloggers.  These ladies' blogs, always, make me want to come back for more!

Elise Durenberger
Dawn McVey
Jenny Suchins
Sherelle Christensen
Sue Lelli

Have a fantastic week, everyone!  I'm off to make a batch of Pumpkin Cookies.  Mmmmm!

4 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Thanks to one of the SWEETEST people I have "met" in this blogging adventure!

Sherelle Christensen said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are too sweet! Thanks also for sharing your blog...lots of beautiful projects on here!

Hannah Newlin said...

Cute pics! :)

Elise said...

YOU are sooooooo very sweet indeed, Jinny! I am absolutely honored AND delighted by your kind words. Your post here was SO very inspirational, and SHOTS OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL babies are ever MORE uplifting! I'm feeling SO grateful to have met you via this lovely and equally uplifting place, I like to call Blogland! Thanks for making the joy SO limitless - a priceless gift for ALL!

You are TRULY special! Have a wonderful, WONDERFUL day! xo!