MFW: Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge & OTWC #27

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day, paper crafters!
I hope that you're all finding a fantastic way to celebrate!  I'm busily working away in my loft!  Lots to do.  So, very, little time, but I'm taking a break to bring you my take on Moxie Fab World's Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge (Hee!  Hee!  Gotta love that title!) to use offset scallops in an innovative way.  I used Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #27 for a little color inspiration.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by machine stitching a brown-threaded, straight-stitch frame around the edges of the floral, patterned paper and adhering it, centered, in the top portion of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  I, then, punched, distressed, and layered my striped, patterned paper scallops below it.  I just love the way that, even though the scallops are offset, the stripes, still, line up!  Gorgeous!  Then, at the top of the offset scallops, I wrapped an aqua, crinkle ribbon around the card face; tied it in a bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a kraft-colored button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow.
The "HOPE YOUR DAY IS Fabulous" sentiment, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink, in the bottom right corner of the card face, completes the look.
You, still, have time to play along, too!  The Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge doesn't end until 12 am MDT this Monday, October 4th; so, if you're, already, getting a little creative, today, come join in the fun!  Have a great day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI) Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); striped & floral patterned (DCWV Linen Closet Stack) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: aqua, crinkle ribbon (Hobby Lobby); kraft-colored button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); brown Baker's Twine (AR Designs); Scallop punch (SU); brown thread & sewing machine

8 comments:

Isha said...

Lovely card Jinny.

Tammy said...

Jinny, I love to scallop layer cards and I have some in the works, so this always catches my eye and works beautifully with these colors! Thanks for playing with us this week at OTWC and Good luck! :-)

Lea L. said...

This is so sweet and pretty! I love all those teeny scallops...reminds me of sweet ruffles on little girl clothing! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge! ♥♥♥

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This card is beautiful!! Great take on the scallop challenge!!

Kathlene said...

Lovely card! Your scallop design is awesome. Great work!

Paula Laird said...

Sooo pretty!

Tenia Nelson said...

Wow......this card is soooooooo gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)