MFW: Perfectly Placed Pleats & OTWC30

Monday, October 25, 2010

I told you I'd be back :)!  Now, for that papercrafty goody, that I promised in my Weekend Snapshots post.
I started this card by adhering text, patterned, paper pleats across the bottom of a piece of ivory cardstock, which had its top corners rounded.
I, then, machine stitched in place, between the two, with ivory-threaded, straight stitches, a strip of Old Olive cardstock and stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, the "Congratulations" sentiment, just above it, to the right side of the ivory cardstock.
A length of sheer, olive ribbon was, then, wrapped around the prepped piece, over the stitched, Old Olive, cardstock strip; tied, in a bow, to the left side of the prepped piece; and embellished with a brown button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow, and a couple of stamped, in Old Olive and Chocolate Chip inks, on ivory cardstock, hand cut, and glittered leaves.
Finally, I adhered the entire piece, with dimensionals, to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face, which, also, had its top corners rounded.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Moxie Fab World's Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge and Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #30.
Together, they created quite the congrats for my sister-in-law and her, now, fiance, who just got engaged last Thursday.  Congratulations, Hannah and Johan!  We are, truly, so happy and excited for you both!
Before I run, I want to thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for the many, sweet and encouraging comments you all left, on my blog, during the Caring Hearts Blog Hop, this weekend.  I am, completely, overwhelmed and sooo blessed!  Oh!  And I'm so excited, to tell you all, that I was named a Curtain Call Top 5 Show Stopper for this creation.
Thanks so much for checking in on me!  Have a fantastic week, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After & Season of Thanks (Wplus9) Paper: Chocolate Chip & Old Olive (SU); ivory (Best Occasions); text patterned (7 Gypsies) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Old Olive (SU) Other: ivory thread & sewing machine; brown button (Jenni Bowlin); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); sheer, olive ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white glitter (K&Company); Corner punch (SU); dimensionals

8 comments:

Dana said...

What a stunning concoction!! I love that bottom "border!" Pure genius! Everything flows together so wonderfully! Happy recipients, I'm sure!

Tammy said...

Jinny another beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at OTWC and Good luck! :-) Aloha!

Sandy Ang said...

Such a lovely card !

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

I came back to look at your card again because you just have such great execution. I love the combos of textures and colors. This is so pretty.

Tenia Nelson said...

Jinny....this card is sooooo pretty!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!

Kerrianne said...

OMG Jinny this card is GORGEOUS!!! It makes me want to decorate my whole house in these gorgeous colors - what a great combo and love the pleats!! Def gotta try that technique!! Rock on girly!

Dawn said...

This is stunning Jinny! You rocked the pleats!