PDCC50 & 2S4Y Sketch 63

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Welcome back!  If you're interested, I posted a bunch of pictures here, earlier, of my kiddos and I, at the KC Zoo, with the home school troop, this morning.  Fun stuff!  But this post is, completely, papercrafty in nature.
I started this card by framing a piece of green, text, patterned paper with a, slightly, larger piece of Cameo Coral cardstock; machine stitching a white-threaded, double-stitch frame around its edges; and adhering it to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card base.
I, then, wrapped a length of sheer, coral ribbon around the bottom half of the card face, three times; tied it, in a bow, to the left of the card face; and embellished it with a coral button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow, and a stamped, in Cameo Coral ink, on white cardstock, and hand cut, "a {star} is born" sentiment, which was distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks and framed with Old Olive cardstock.
A Cricut-cut, from white cardstock, star was, then, distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; embellished, at each point, with clear gemstones; and adhered, with dimensionals, over the ribbon, in the bottom center of the card face.
Finally, I adhered, with dimensionals, a chipboard onesie, which had been painted, with Green Tea, acrylic paint, and glittered, in the center of the star.
My inspiration, for this card, came from The Play Date Cafe's scrumptious Challenge #50...
and 2 Sketches 4 You's Kazan's Sketch 63.
And check out these yummy pictures of my October, Jenni Bowlin kit, which was, patiently, waiting for me, in the mail, when we got home, from the zoo, today.
Oh!  I cannot wait to dive in!  Here's the low-down:
  • 2 double sided Cosmo Cricket Pattern Papers
  • 4 double sided Crate Paper Pattern Papers
  • 1 Die Cut Crate Paper Pattern Paper
  • 1 Hambly Overlay
  • 2 Bazzill Basics Cardstocks
  • 1 JBS Coredinations Embossed Cardstock
  • 2 sheets of Exclusive Mercantile Pattern Paper
  • 1 Exclusive Mercantile Journaling Card
  • 1 Exclusive Mercantile Alpha Sticker Sheet
  • 1 Crate Paper Phrase Sticker Sheet
  • 1 package of Cosmo Cricket Black/Clear Tiny Type Stickers
  • 1 Crafter’s Workshop Star Shower Template
  • 1 pillow box filled with the following:
    • 2 vintage shoe tags (will vary between 4 colors)
    • 4 Prima Butterflies
    • 1 JBS Ranger Re-Inker, Lemondrop
    • 1 Ranger Mini Mister
    • 1 yard of May Arts yellow striped ribbon
Believe it or not, that's not all that was waiting for me.  My Crafty Individuals, prize package, that I won here, from The Play Date Cafe, arrived, too!  Eeek!  What a great day for mail!
Yihoo!  But the fun doesn't stop there.  I'm, also, super excited, to tell you all, that I was named a Color Queen Courtier, over at ColourQ, for this creation.
Eeek!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you, everyone!  Now, I must go breathe.  Have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Picture This (SU) Paper: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, & Old Olive (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); green, text patterned (7 Gypsies) Ink: Cameo Coral (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread & sewing machine; clear gemstones & coral button (Paper Studio); Green Tea, acrylic paint (Delta Creative); green glitter (K&Company); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); chipboard onesie (Maya Road); dimensionals; George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge (Provo Craft)

13 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Looks like a banner mail day for you! Can't wait to see what you create with all your goodies! Such a cute baby card, wonderful use of this weeks colors! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Catherine Pooler said...

Oh, my gosh. your card is gorgeous! I haven't done pink and green in forever...I'm inspired!

Kim Ryden said...

Congrats on all your fun mail and winnings! I love that text paper and it reminds me that I have some in my craft room too! We got it the same night at Archiver's! Now I just have to find where I put it! Ha ha!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY! I just love your happy mail! SO JEALOUS:) I wanna come play:) What a beautiful card--another stunning piece!! I love your detail and match to the colors:) Great job!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Rose said...

How sweet is your card, Jinny! And congrats on your goodies and your Colour Queen Courtier! Woohoo!

Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! ;)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card! Love how you used the colors and the sketch! Love a good mail day! Glad you joined us again at the PDCC.

Cristina said...

Congrats on all the wins! I love the new card. That tag is so cutie.

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, what fabulous goodies :) Love your card, especially the green background paper, and the way you layer your embellishments :) Thanks for playing at the cafe with us :)

Sue Lelli said...

What a GREAT day you had! So much GOOD STUFF! LOVE this card! LOVE how you tied the ribbon and that sparkly onesie is FAB!

Julie Ranae said...

Not only congrats on all the goodies, but now a HUGE congrats on another win of $100 in Elusive Images as you are this week's Cup of the Week once again!

Lisa Petrella said...

WOW! Looks like you had a super ultra happy snail mail day!!! Gotta love that!!! I LOVE your super cute baby card---especially the sparkly onesie and all of the layers! And CONGRATS on your Color Q win!!! YAY!!!

JeanFB said...

Wow! The card is gorgeous, and you are getting another big prize from PDCC!!! A big huge congrats - your projects are beautiful!

Kazan Clark said...

oh my what a fun and exciting post! so many details to pour over and of course a super yummy card as a treat to admire
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan