Tuesday Trigger: Languish in Luxurious

Friday, October 15, 2010

It's Friday!  Yihoo!  We have nothing, in particular, planned, for the weekend, other than a lot of down time.  Well, I guess my hubby has a couple, church meetings to attend, but that's no never mind.  I need some time to catch up on my sleep and just play!  Plus, I have a new, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe that I've been wanting to try out.
I started this card by machine stitching a white-threaded, straight-stitch, double frame around the edges of a piece of vintage, damask, patterned paper, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I, then, folded a white, paper doily, just above vertical center, over the right edge of the card face and wrapped a length of hemp twine, horizontally, around the card face, three times, just above vertical center, and tied it, in a bow, to the left side of the "Thanks", sentiment label, which was clear embossed on a punched piece of Marina Mist cardstock and adhered, with dimensionals, over the hemp twine, in the horizontal center of the card face.
Finally, I stamped the flower image, in Pink Passion ink, on white cardstock...
glittered it; hand cut it out; adhered it, with dimensionals, over the bottom right corner of the sentiment label; and embellished it with two, stamped, in Always Artichoke ink, on white cardstock, and hand cut leaves, which were dressed up with clear, Rain Dots.  This is, still, my favorite way to dress up these beautiful flowers, ya'll.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Languish in Luxurious.  I, absolutely, love, love, LOVE the simple elegance of this photograph.  It's just filled, to the brim, with peace, order, and beauty; and I'm swooning over the seamless cohesion between the straight, modern lines, of the end table, and the curvy, vintage, chair legs.  Fabulous!
Oh!  And I'm sooo stinkin' excited, to tell you all, that I was named The Play Date Cafe's Cup of the Week for this creation.  Thank you so much, ladies!
Before you go have a super, amazing weekend, run check out all of the other, featured creations.  You'll be inspired in a whole new way!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After & Season of Thanks (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake & Marina Mist (SU); vintage, damask patterned (Glitz) Ink: Pink Passion & Always Artichoke (SU); VersaMark Other: hemp twine; white thread & sewing machine; paper doily; clear embossing powder & Decorative Label punch (SU); clear, Rain Dots (Cloud 9); white glitter (K&Company); dimensionals

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Whoo! Hoo! Cup of the Week! Fab card! LOVE the stitching and the doily and the glitter!

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is wonderful, just the most perfect use of that Trigger.

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is too gorgeous for words!!!!! Congrats on your COTW honors too!!!!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the luxurious fun! :)

Laurie said...

So pretty! Love that background paper!