Wplus9 Oct. Release Sneak Peek: Day 3

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We're focusing on Poinsettia Patterns on this day three of Wplus9 Design's, October, release, sneak peeks; and I'm telling you guys, the possibilities, with this set, are endless!
I started this layout by stamping my various images, in Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Barely Banana inks, on 2-1/2", white, cardstock squares. 
For a little better picture of what I've done here, I've included a list of the number of stamps I used for each design, beginning in the top left corner and moving across the first row, and then, to the second and third rows.
  • first square - 3 stamps
  • second square - 2 stamps
  • third square - 2 stamps
  • fourth square - 3 stamps
I, then, distressed each square with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks and adhered them, between the 2-1/2", photo squares, on a square of Barely Banana cardstock, which was framed with a distressed, with more Tea Dye & Antique Linen inks, white, cardstock square.
The pink, gingham ribbon was wrapped, horizontally, around the prepped piece, between the bottom two rows and tied in a dressy bow above the bottom right picture, before being adhered to the center of my textured, Certainly Celery, cardstock page.  Paper-pierced corners frame the piece perfectly.
I, then, stamped yet another image, in Pretty in Pink ink, on white cardstock, three times; punched out each image; wrinkled them; inked them with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks (I like to do this step second, when I'm distressing, because it pulls out the wrinkles a little more.); layered them one on top of the other; pierced their centers with a pink, rhinestone brad; and adhered the completed, flower embellishment, with dimensionals, between the bottom right, four squares.  A few, glittered leaves, from Ever After, and a "PEACE & JOY" tag, complete the look.  Both of these embellishments were stamped, in Certainly Celery inks, on white cardstock, hand cut out, and adhered with dimensionals.
My color inspiration, for this layout, came from Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #158...

and, quite by accident, I realized that it was a pretty good interpretation of Pencil Lines' Sketch 206, as well.  Yippeee!
I hope to see you all back here, tomorrow, for the big, release day, group post.  Don't forget to run check out these other design team members' creations, and have a blessed day!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Poinsettia Patterns & Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Barely Banana & textured Certainly Celery (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, & Pretty in Pink (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white glitter (K&Company); Scallop Circle punch, paper piercing tool, & pink, Circle Fire, rhinestone brad (SU); pink, gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

5 comments:

Elise said...

THAT BABY FACE has ME soaring! {*Gasp!*} Oh, such cuteness! EXCELLENT L/O, Jinny. Gosh, those squares are brilliant! {Yeahooooo!} I LOVE the infinite possibility of this set and, GIRL, you've done such a beautiful job showing off that exact point! Wahoooooo!

Dawn said...

This is-Pick my jaw up off of the floor-FANTASTIC!

Karen B. said...

I think it is brilliant that you showed this set in a non-holiday manner, it is so beautiful and soft and really makes me want it for the background building portion.

Savitri said...

Awwwww, so so cute of photos and love your LO!! Great colors!!! I want to scrap with those colors too!

Leah said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the squares of stamped pattern paper and LOVE seeing this set as non- Christmas. It's perfect...I love the verse on your blog header too:)