Wplus9 Oct. Release Sneak Peek: Day 1

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm baaack with another, Wplus9 Design release!  Yippeee!  Obviously, we're a little late, this month, due to circumstances beyond our control, but we're here; and I'm sooo, stinkin' excited to show you the fabulous sets that Dawn has cooked up, for us, this month.  Yes!  I said "sets"!  There are three!  We're focusing on Damask Frames today. 
I started this monogrammed card by stamping one of the damask images, over and over again, in Basic Black ink, on the Basic Gray, cardstock, card face.
I, then, used my computer to generate and print the last name on Barely Banana cardstock; stamped the oval, damask frame, in Basic Black ink, around it; trimmed it, across the top and bottom, with punched strips of Basic Black cardstock; and ran white-threaded, straight stitches across the length of its bottom and top edges.
Finally, I cut tiny, little slits on either side of the frame and thread a sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon through them, before adhering it, horizontally, to the center of the stamped, card face.
This card was duplicated four times over...
and packaged, with envelopes, in a clear, cellophane bag, complete with matching ribbon.
It'll be the perfect, Christmas gift, inspired by Embellish's Background Stamping Color Challenge, for another one of my neighbor's.  (See last month's day four post for another, sweet, little, Christmas, card set; that I made, using Ever After, for a different neighbor.)
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fantastic, work week!  And be sure to run check out these other design team members' sneak peeks, too!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Hannah Craner

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Damask Frames (Wplus9) Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, & Barely Banana (SU) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white thread & sewing machine; Scallop punch (SU); computer & printer; sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

8 comments:

Elise said...

YOU are so clever! I love this! The impressive and bold use of color and these images is FANTASTIC! SUCH excellent use of Dawn's AMAZING images! I could just play and play with this one! Your work is exceptionally inspirational, sweet Jinny! Yipeeee!

Savitri said...

This is FAB!!! I can't wait to play with mine! The shipping to the UK stinks in the craft dept., at least when mailing from the US :) Awesome display of the new set!!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very pretty design. So elegant. Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Kerrianne said...

Wow-weeee Jinny! These are GORGEOUS!! Heck I want a set!! What a fabulous gift - they are one lucky neighbor!! I love how you did the black on the grey card stock - it just screams elegance...and then the yellow just makes it pop with glamor!! These are seriously one of my all time fave stamp sets!!

Dawn said...

These are stunning Jinny! I love the color choice, so elegant. I love looking at the group shot of them all laid out.

Hannah said...

Beautiful!! I love them.

lynn said...

elegant and pretty card set!

Charlene Austin said...

FABULOUS card!! Thanks for including Embellish in your release project!