ColourQ #60 & Tuesday Trigger: It's Snowing Gingerbread!

Friday, November 26, 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day, filled with family, friends, thankful thoughts, and good food, and are, still, enjoying a long weekend. We spent much of ours on the road, but it was fun to see all of BJ's family for a scrumptious lunch, followed by an even more delicious pumpkin pie. Mmmmm! I just love pumpkin!  Anyway, tomorrow, is another one of my soon-to-be brother-in-laws birthdays; so, I have his card, to show you all, this morning.
I started this card by stamping the snowflakes, in Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, and More Mustard inks, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; spritzing it with Soft Suede ink; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and machine stitching a red-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its outside edges, before adhering it to the Cherry Cobbler, cardstock, card face, which had its bottom corners rounded.
I, then, stamped the "MAKE A WISH" sentiment, in Chocolate Chip ink, in the bottom right corner of the card face.
A length of Baker's Twine, wrapped around the card face, near the bottom of the stamped piece, three times, and tied, in a bow, just left of center...
as well as a few, little Rain Dots, give just the right amount of depth to complete the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from ColourQ's Challenge #60...
and I just couldn't keep Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: It's Snowing Gingerbread! out of my head.
We'll soon be off to pick out our Christmas tree and begin decorating for the Christmas season, but before I run, I'll be right back to post my November Friday Faves and share a Black Friday deal with all you stampers.  So, be sure to check it out; and have a wonderful day, everyone!

Oh!  And I almost forgot to tell you all that I was a Sketchy Thursdays Fave for this layout!  Yippeee!  Thanks so very much, ladies!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Northern Hearts & So Many Sayings (SU) Paper: Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, & More Mustard (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: red thread & sewing machine; Baker's Twine (AR Designs); Rain Dots (Cloud 9); Color Spritzer tool & Corner punch (SU)

9 comments:

Rosie said...

Love your card... so sweet!

AnitaRex said...

Wow is this ever gorgeous!

Kelly said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just love the glossy accent on the front of your card. great idea!

Karen B. said...

This is absolutely spectacular! I really don't know what else to say, I'm speechless! (And that hardly ever happens!)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Jinny! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card for both challenges, Jinny! I like the 'rain drops' you added in with your snowflakes for a "real" effect :o) Pretty stitching and baker's twine too!

Christina said...

Your snowflakes are so beautiful in these warm tones! I love the red stitching and baker's twine. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ this week!

Noelle said...

Love that stamped main panel & the addition of the epoxy dots- very pretty!:)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)