CREATE: Mini Cards Challenge

Friday, November 19, 2010

Good morning!  TGIF!  I was so excited to see one of my creations up on CREATE:, for Paige's Mini Cards Challenge, this morning, that I just had to share it with you all.
I started, this card, by stamping the monkey in Chocolate Chip ink; the giraffe in Summer Sun ink; and the lion, which was hand-cut and paper-pieced together with a dimensional between each layer, in Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard inks, all, on 1-3/8", Whisper White, cardstock squares; before they were adhered, in a grid pattern, to the 3", square, Tempting Turquoise, cardstock, card face.
I, then, wrapped a sheer, red, polka dot ribbon around the card face; tied it, in a bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a Pure Poppy button, laced with Baker's Twine.
Finally, I stamped the "love ya bunches" sentiment, in Tempting Turquoise ink, in the top right corner of the card face.
It was, then, duplicated, nine times over, before being sent out, along with Adina's two-year-old pics, to all the family and friends who blessed Adina with gifts for her birthday.
My favorite part, about these cuties, is that they coordinate, in theme and color, with her original, party invites, which can be found here.
Thanks for hanging out with me today!  Don't forget that you have until 11:59 PST tonight to play along with the current, Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge: Dust Off That Patterned Paper.  Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fox & Friends & Love Ya Bunches (SU) Paper: Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, & Tempting Turquoise (SU) Other: sheer, red, polka dot ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Pure Poppy button (PTI); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); dimensionals

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Jinny these are so cute! They made me smile :)

Ann said...

No wonder they made their way onto the CREATE blog...they're adorable! :D

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!!!

Wendy said...

Thanks for stopping by. Those mini cards are super cute. I also love the invite, the way you did the bow is darling. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Venezuela. I miss the beaches there more than anything else.