Curtain Call {Act 57} & 2S4Y Sketch 66

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy day before Thanksgiving!  I just cannot believe that it's, already, here!  I have so much to be thankful for, and since we'll be on the road much of the day, tomorrow, I wanted to share a few of those things, in no particular order, with whomever may be reading, today.
  1. My God, who, continually, showers me with His grace and love
  2. My beautiful family
  3. A place to call home, even when it gives us headaches due to its age and need for updates and repairs
  4. A car that is paid for in full... Yihoo!
  5. My husband's continued faithfulness to me and our family
  6. The constancy of financial provision and insurance from BJ's job
  7. The creative gift that God has entrusted me with and all the blessings it has brought me
  8. God's Word, which continues to be my guiding light
  9. The ability to live in a country that gives me the freedom to teach my children at home
  10. The ease of communication and sharing modern technology provides
Ezekiel wanted me to post his top ten, too, even though it turned into 13.  Hee!
  1. Jesus
  2. Mom
  3. Dad
  4. Adina
  5. nature
  6. animals
  7. seasons
  8. holidays
  9. a house
  10. friends
  11. cousins
  12. school
  13. my bed
I do have something papercrafty, for you all, today, too.  It just happens to be one of my many brother-in-laws birthdays, and I wanted to share his card with you all.
I started, this card, by adhering a strip of Whisper White cardstock near the bottom of my Cajun Craze, cardstock, card face and anchoring it, the length of both of its edges, with gray-threaded, zig-zig, machine stitches.
I, then, silver embossed the leaves on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; blended Tumbled Glass and Tea Dye distress inks over the top of them (Eeek!  I, finally, got that ink blending tool, that I said I've been wanting in my All Eyes On... Distress Inks post, and it works like a charm!); and adhered it to a punched, across its bottom edge, piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock, before adhering it, to the card face, and, slightly, overlapping the top portion of the stitched, Whisper White cardstock.
The "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock; distressed with Tumbled Glass and Tea Dye inks; adhered near the bottom right corner of the embossed, cardstock piece; and framed with a silver, hardware frame.
Finally, the frame was anchored with silver brads, after being laced in place with white string, which had been stained with Tea Dye distress ink.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Curtain Call's Color Challenge {Act 57}...
and 2 Sketches 4 You's Laura's Sketch 66.
Don't forget that you have until this Friday night, at 11:59 pm PST, to play along with Wee Memories' current Challenge #32: Put a Little Pink; and I'll see you all back here, Friday morning, with another birthday card, as well as this month's Friday Faves.  Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Season of Thanks (Wplus9); Vintage Labels (SU) Paper: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU); Tumbled Glass & Tea Dye (Ranger); VersaMark Other: Spiral punch & silver, embossing powder, Hodgepodge hardware, & brads (SU); white string; gray thread & sewing machine; ink blending tool (Ranger)

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Stacey Schafer said...

Lovely card, Jinny....and a lovely Thanksgiving posting:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Hands On said...

Love the blended colours. Looks amazing.

Naomi said...

Wow, I didn't realize that the leaves were embossed in silver. Lovely! I really like the distressed background too! Nice use of the color scheme.