Embellish Bags Color Challenge

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good, Wednesday morning to you all!  Supposedly, yesterday, we had our first snow.  Although, I don't think it counts if the weatherman has to show it from a helicopter.  Ha!  We've had a little bet going, around our house, as to when we'll have our first, real snow.  My guess is, still, a month away, but it doesn't look like it's going to hold off for that long!  Anyway, how about a little something papercrafty in nature?
I started this fun, little, Christmas gem by stamping the ornaments, ornament strings, and "MAY YOUR HOLIDAYS sparkle AND shine" sentiment, all, in Jet Black ink, on the bright pink bag.
I, then, glittered the outside ornaments with black, pink, and white glitter, in that order, to avoid mixing them, heat setting after every, new color addition, and painted the inside ornament with Perfect Pearls.  I just love the way this takes on a pearly gray appearance on the bright pink bag.
I have to admit that this took me, nearly, five tries, to get it just right, but I'm super pleased with the outcome.  I, then, stamped the outline of the tag, in Basic Black ink, on Pink Pirouette cardstock; hand cut it out; stamped the ornament, hanging over the left side, in Positively Pink ink; and finally, stamped the tag hole, which was, in turn, punched out, as well as the "TO:" and "FROM:" words, once again, in Basic Black ink.
It was tied to the bag's handle with a light pink ribbon and embellished with lots more, color-coordinating ribbons, tied in knots, before the bag was stuffed with a little, pink, tissue paper.
My inspiration, for this creation, came from Embellish Magazine's Bags Color Challenge.
Oh!  And last week, I got my copy of Paula's Special 2010 Collector's Christmas Issue.
Then, last night, we tried out our first, new recipe from it.  Oh, my goodness, guys!  It is, completely, worth the $8.99, that the magazine costs, for this recipe alone.  We made the Bayou Catfish Gumbo on page 23.  I'm not a big fan of catfish. It's a little too fishy for my tastes, so we swapped it out for tilapia and left out the celery, too. We don't like the taste or texture of cooked celery, even in soups, but yum-o!  It's, absolutely, delish!
Oh, and one more thing!  I'm so excited, to tell you all, that this layout was featured on Color Combos Galore yesterday!  Eeek!  So fun!  Thanks so much, ladies!  Have a great day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Classic Christmas & All Occasion Tags (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU); bag & tissue (unknown) Ink: Basic Black & Positively Pink (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: 1/16" Handheld punch & Dazzling diamonds (SU); pink & black glitter (Doodlebug Design); Perfect Pearls (Ranger); ribbon (most - Hobby Lobby; other - unknown)

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Mmmm. That Gumbo looks way too yummy. I try to stay away from Paula's butter-laden cookbooks - not because I don't WANT the food, but because I can't afford any extra calories. But, you may have talked me into purchasing my first Paula book. :)

And, of course, your stamp work is spectacular. Congrats on the feature, too! Hip!

Jenny said...

What a super cute bag!! LOVE the PINK!! :) :) :) :) and that looks yummy!!!

Cristina said...

This is so cute, Jinny! Great job with the glitter, too.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous bag, Jinny! Fabulous design! I love those cute hanging ribbons, too! Just saw your mini cards in CREATE/CARDS blog! Congrats!

Charlene Austin said...

OMGosh the stamped and glittered ornaments on the pink bag is FABULOUS! I love how they pop off. The tag and the ribbons are the perfect touch too! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

Traveling Mama said...

Oh my goodness! I love this soo much! Your bag is completely AWESOME!! Hugs from Copenhagen!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Congrats on your Top 6 at Embellish. Lovin' this bag. It's so FAB! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations on being What's Hot, Jinny! This bag is stunning! I love all the shimmer and ribbons!

Sue Lelli said...

No wonder this made the What's Hot list! It is absolutely FABULOUS! And that black glitter is divine!