Embellish Holidays Color Challenge

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Good morning!  I'm feeling kinda rough, today.  Not what I want to happen, just before Thanksgiving; but I did want to show you all a pretty, little, Christmas card I made.  So, I'll get right to it.
I started this card by stamping the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face, in Moonlight White ink, with subtle polka dots and distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
I, then, stamped the wreath, in Certainly Celery ink, on a piece of punched, across its top edge, Whisper White cardstock; stamped the swirls, in Old Olive ink, right over the top of the wreath; spritzed the entire piece with Pretty in Pink ink; distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and wrapped a length of Baker's Twine, three times, above the wreath and below the punched edge, before tying it in a bow, just left of center.
It was, then, adhered, with dimensionals, to the card face, above a stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, "WISHING YOU A SEASON FULL OF laughter AND joy, warmth AND love" sentiment.
A few, Pure Poppy buttons, embellished with pearls, complete the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Embellish's Holidays Color Challenge.
I'm off to finish baking bread and keep my little getter-into-er out of trouble.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fantastic day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Classic Christmas (Wplus9); Sketch It & Polka Dot Jumbo wheel (SU) Paper: Pink Pirouette & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: Baker's Twine (AR Designs); Pure Poppy buttons (PTI); pearls (Paper Studio); dimensionals; Color Spritzer tool & Spiral punch (SU)

8 comments:

Tessa said...

Love your card! That is a cool wreath!

Nerina said...

This is such a pretty take on the challenge colours! Your wreath is fabulous! Hope you're feeling better before Thanksgiving - what a horrid time to get sick :0(!

Ann said...

Fabulous use of the colors, Jinny! Love the way pearls look on buttons! :D

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Charlene Austin said...

This is drop dead amazing!! I love love love the red buttons with pearls. Every detail is just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Gorgeous card, Jinny! I love those yummy buttons with pearls!!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this card! Congratulations on being What's Hot at Embellish!

Cristina said...

Congratulations on your Embellish "hotness", Jinny! Well-deserved.

LeAnne said...

This is a lovely card....I used to have that SU set....wish I had kept it! I love the colors that you used!