TSTR #35: Lavender & Lace

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good, Sunday morning to you all!  We're just lounging around, after a yummy Cream of Wheat breakfast; but soon, we'll be off to the second service at church.  Before we run, I wanted to show you all an elegant, little number, that I made for a friend's mother, who, recently, lost her husband.
I started this card by stamping the flower image, several times, in Perfect Plum ink, sometimes stamping off first, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I, then, ran a lavender-threaded, straight-stitch, double frame around its outside edges and glittered the blossoms (I've been in the mood to glitter, lately.  For some reason, in the photograph, it looks like a bit of it was rubbed off, on the darker flower, near the top of the card, just below the stitching.  Let me assure you that I've double and tripled checked it, and there's no such thing in real life.) before adhering it to the Perfect Plum, cardstock, card face.
A length of white, lace trim was adhered, just below horizontal center, right over the blossoms and dressed up with a Plum Pudding, saddle stitch ribbon...
which was wrapped around the card face; tied in a bow, just right of vertical center; and embellished with a pearl button, laced with lavender, embroidery floss.
This card was inspired by The Shabby Tea Room's Week #35: Lavender and Lace Challenge.
I just adore this monochromatic photograph.  I, simply, don't make enough one-color creations, so I knew that I had to play along, this week.  I hope the sweet simplicity, that I was drawn to, from the photograph, comes through in my creation.  Oh!  And I was so excited to awake to learn that I made 2 Sketches 4 You's Fab 5 for this creation!  Thank you so much, Laura and Kazan!  Run check out all the beautiful cards, before you're off to enjoy your Sunday; and I'll see you all back here, tomorrow morning, for a new, Wplus9 Color Cue.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Perfect Plum & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Plum Pudding (SU) Other: lavender thread & sewing machine; white, lace trim (Paper Studio); lavender, embroidery floss (DMC); pearl button (Jenni Bowlin); Plum Pudding, saddle stitch ribbon (PTI); Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh so soft and pretty, Jinny ... simply wonderful with that wide yummy lace!! So happy you joined us this week in the Tea Room :)

Pattie said...

A beautiful lavender and lace creation! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is so gorgeous. I love the lace and the purple color scheme. Very pretty card. :)

Simone said...

This is so beautiful Jinny. I love the lace and those purples! Gorgeous card :)