Wplus9 Nov. Release Week: Group Post

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What a fun week, of Wplus9 Design releases, it has been!  Thanks for coming along for the ride!  I have one more project, using two of our November releases, for you all, today; but if you're a follower of my blog, you know that it will, definitely, not be the last.  I love Wplus9!  Guys, these stamps are the bomb-digity!
I started this pretty, little package by baking up a loaf of Pumpkin Banana Bread.  I got the recipe from my November 2008 issue of Country Home Magazine and will share it, now, before I get any further, because it is Yum-O!  Well, and because Dawn asked me to :).  Anything for Dawn!
Pumpkin Banana Bread
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. cooking oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. apple pie spice
2/3 c. apple cider or water
1-15 oz. can pumpkin
1 medium ripe banana, mashed

Grease bottom and sides of loaf pans; set aside.  In large mixing bowl, combine sugars and oil on medium speed.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; set aside.  In large mixing bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and pie spice.  Alternately add dry mixture and cider to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition.  Beat in pumpkin and banana.  The recipe link above, also, calls for a 6 oz. pkg. of dried cranberries, but ick!  It is soooo delicious just the way it is!  Spoon batter into prepared pans.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes for four, small pans or 60 minutes for two, large pans.  If necessary, cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.  Cool, on wire racks, in pans, for ten minutes.  Remove from pans.  Cool completely.  Wrap and store overnight before serving.  Freezes well (For real!).  Enjoy!

I, then, wrapped a loaf in Saran Wrap and, in turn, in a cute, little, pink, polka dot, tea towel, complete with twill tape hanger, that I made...
before tying it up with an aqua, crinkle ribbon, tied in a bow, and embellishing it with a couple, jingle bells; a stamped, in Perfect Plum ink, on Perfect Plum cardstock, and hand cut, "MAY YOUR HOLIDAYS sparkle AND shine", sentiment tag; and a homemade ornament.  Both the ornament and sentiment tag were created with Classic Christmas, because I missed out on the first day of our release and just had to play :).
I began the ornament by silver embossing four, ornament images on Whisper White cardstock; coloring each one with Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, and Perfect Plum inks and a blender pen; glittering it, being careful to avoid the embossed portions; scoring them down their centers; and adhering all four of them together, at their joints, to give it dimension.
I, then, strung a pink ribbon through a punched hole in the completed ornament's top and tied it in a knot.
Finally, I created a color-coordinating, recipe card, with From the Kitchen Of, to help the recipient re-make this scrumptious recipe herself.
I, first, stamped the card frame and lines in Baja Breeze ink; cut it out; and framed it with a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock.  I think that it would be so fun to mask off and stamp in one corner of the card, but I needed every possible inch of space to write out this recipe.  I, then, stamped the coordinating labels, in Pretty in Pink ink, and wrote in the necessary information, including on the back of the card.
The tab frame was stamped, in Perfect Plum ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; dressed up with the stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, "BREADS" label and a stamped, in Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa inks, loaf of bread; and adhered, folded in half and overhanging the top left corner of the recipe card.
The completed, recipe card tucks, perfectly, into the crossed ribbon on the underside of the wrapped loaf, where it will, also, stay nice and flat for delivery.
Before I run, I'm soooo thrilled, to tell you all, that Dawn has asked me to stay on with the Wplus9 Design Team.  Of course, I said YES!!!  Thank you for trusting me to represent you and your brand, Dawn!  I'm, truly, honored!  And thank you, to all of you, for visiting me and leaving such sweet and encouraging comments on my blog!  Ya'll are the best!  So, I'll see you back here, next month, for another, fantastic release!  Yihoo!  Have a wonderful day, everyone!  Oh! And don't forget to run check out the other designers' scrumptious creations.

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Maile Belles
Hannah Craner
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Classic Christmas (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & Perfect Plum (SU) Ink: Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, & Perfect Plum (SU); VersaMark Other: silver embossing powder, blender pen, Dazzling Diamonds, & 1/16" Handheld punch (SU); pink & aqua ribbons (Hobby Lobby); white string & jingle bells; score board (Martha Stewart)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: From the Kitchen Of (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & Perfect Plum (SU) Ink: Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Creamy Caramel, & Close to Cocoa (SU)

4 comments:

Elise said...

I don't know which of these facts makes me want to hug you tighter:

the fact that YOU will be staying with W9! {Yeah!}

you make the CUTEST, stinkin' things!

you are SO generous with your ideas & inspiration

or... could it be, because you just gave me my next GREAT expression ~ BOMB-DIGITY! {Love it!}

You are daring. What a terrific project and fantastic assortment of your many talents! This is a mighty "swoon worthy" project, friend! Way to go!

{P.S. - You ROCK the W9 stamps! Yeah, Dawn!}

Simone said...

this is such a cute gift idea! :)

Virginia L. said...

Awesome idea and design, Jinny!

Kerrianne said...

Ok - pumpkin banana bread and super FABULOUS-ness!! This is awesome Jinny - you always amaze me with something fun, new & chic!! Great job as always girl :)