Brown Paper Packages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

...tied up with strings.  These are a few of my favorite things.
This is my absolute favorite way to wrap up my Christmas gifts!  With butcher paper, I mean.  Lots of times, I'll use ribbon, in place of the Baker's Twine pictured above, but I'm in love with the twine this year!  These packages will soon be on their way to my parents' house for our Christmas Eve celebrations, and they boast a couple of tags, that I haven't, yet, had the opportunity to show you all.
I started, this tag, by layering a punched piece of notebook, patterned paper, at an angle, to the top portion of a Cricut-cut, from Crumb Cake cardstock, tag and a piece of red, poinsettia, patterned paper across the bottom of it.  I, then, wrapped a length of turquoise ribbon, around the tag face, between the two, patterned papers and tied it, in a bow, just right of center.
The whale image was stamped, in Tempting Turquoise and Real Red inks, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; punched out; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhered, in the center of the tag, with dimensionals.  A little Baker's Twine completes the look.
I know that it's not blatantly Christmasy, but I really wanted to use that little, whale image for my nephew's package.
I began, this tag, by stamping the tag image, in Real Red & Garden Green inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cutting it out; framing it with cut piece of Real Red cardstock; glittering the flowers; and adding a few gemstones, here and there, to the polka dots.
I, then, punched a hole in the top of the cardstock frame and thread an ornament hook through it to complete the look.
I've got Jesus' birthday cake in the oven, a pumpkin roll that needs frosting, and a new, cheese dip recipe to whip up.  Not to mention, I have a HUGE mess in my kitchen and need a shower, before the Christmas services, at church, tonight.  BUT the presents are wrapped; the rest of the house is clean; and my kiddos are quietly resting.  Plus, our weatherman is predicting a 70% chance for snow!  Could it, really, be?!  It's right around the corner, and I feel as excited as if I were a kid again!

If this is your first stop by my blog today, please be sure to scroll down to check out my previous, Christmas Stories post; and have a blessed day, ya'll!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fox & Friends (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake & Whisper White (SU); red, poinsettia patterned (American Crafts); notebook patterned (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Tempting Turquoise & Real Red (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: turquoise ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Spiral & Scallop Circle punches (SU); dimensionals; Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge (Provo Craft)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Poinsettias Tag (Hero Arts) Paper: Real Red & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Real Red & Garden Green (SU) Other: Dazzling Diamonds & 1/8" Handheld Circle punch (SU); gemstones (Paper Studio); ornament hook (Hobby Lobby); circle template (Fiskars)

6 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Lovely! I like that you used the whale image, so sweet! Merry Christmas!

Fiona said...

beautiful Jinny - present wrapping is so much fun :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I love the little whale image. So adorable. Have a Merry Christmas! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

How wonderfully cute is that tag! Marvelous job with the colors and fabulous design! Looking very forward to working with you this coming year!
Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year!

Peppermintpatty said...

Oh this is sooo Cute!!! I'm in love with that whale tag - lucky nephew!!! Happy Holidays, Karin

Laurie said...

OH those tags are super cute!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!