CASE Study Challenge #19

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wow!  I cannot believe how busy these weeks, before Christmas, get no matter how hard I try to not fill them up with things to do.  I was working on one last project, yesterday afternoon, after a morning break, at church, for us moms, when my sewing machine light bulb went out!  Aaaaah!  So, off we went, back to JoAnn's, to see if I could get a replacement, as soon as Adina was up from her nap.  No such luck!  Fortunately, my hubby led us in the direction of Watts Up, just before they closed, and they had just what I needed.  Yippeee!  Now, I'm happy to say that all my Christmas gifts are complete!  So relieved!  I feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and, now, get to show you all another, pretty, papercrafty creation.
I started this card by clear embossing the text on Whisper White cardstock; painting over it with Barn Door Distress Ink, mixed with water and Perfect Pearls; framing the dried piece with Basic Black cardstock; machine stitching a black-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its outside edges; and adhering the prepped piece to the Summer Sun, cardstock, card face.
I, then, distressed the entire thing with Moonlight White ink and wrapped a sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon, around the card face, near the base of the embossed piece and tied it, in a bow, just right of center.
Finally, the butterfly...
was stamped, in Summer Sun ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; adhered in the top center of the card face, just at its center; and embellished with Dessert Sun gemstones.
But, surprise!  That's not all!  It was duplicated, four times over, to become my last, five-card, neighbor, Christmas gift, that I promised, to show you all, earlier this week.
And just like the others, they were bundled together, with envelopes, in a clear cellophane bag, which was secured shut with a coordinating, sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon.
I, really, love making these little sets and need to get a host more listed in my Etsy shop after the holidays.  It's looking pretty grim over there, since I donated most of its contents, back here, to the silent, art auction, for The Kyrie Foundation, which I just realized I've never given you an update on.  My ten, five-card sets brought in, nearly, $100 for the foundation!  Isn't that amazing?!  I was, absolutely, thrilled!

The above cards were inspired by CASE Study's Challenge #19, which is all about being inspired by this gorgeous card by Nina Brackett.
Oh!  And I'm so excited, to tell you all, that I was named a ColourQ Queen for this layout.  Thank you so much, ladies!  What an honor!
Finally, if you haven't seen my BIG News! yet, run check it out over here.  And thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all your sweet congrats!  You all are, truly, the best!  Also, be sure to check back, at The Play Date Cafe, later today, for the reveal of our final, two designers.  What a great team, Julie and Sarah have concocted!  Only two more days, until Christmas, ya'll!  What will you be doing?

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: La Letter (Hero Arts); Butterfly Dreams (PTI) Paper: Summer Sun, Basic Black, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Summer Sun (SU); Barn Door (Ranger); Moonlight White (Brilliance); VersaMark Other: black thread & sewing machine; sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Dessert Sun gemstones (Bazzill Basics); Perfect Pearls (Ranger); clear embossing powder (SU)

7 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW!!! LOVE this card Jinny!! Big CONGRATS again on being the Colour Queen....that LO is awesome!! So excited to be on the same DT as you :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, I love that shimmery set you made for a neighbor! Can I move in next door to you, too? ;) ANd congrats on the ColourQ win! Whoo hoo!

Cristina said...

You WHAT???!!! Painted over your embossing with that amazing, luminescent concoction? That's so cool. The result is stunning. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Fantastic card Jinny! I love the colors.

Laurie said...

Gorgeous Jinny! WOW!! These are stunning!!! OH and Congrats on the Colour Q win!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOOVE!! The shimmer, the layout, and how you interpreted the colours! Magnificent work :)
Thank you for joining us in this busy season, Happy New Year wishes to you!! xxx

Jean Martin said...

What a beautiful card Jinny! And that SHIMMER! Wow! Thanks for playing with us and congrats on the Colour Q Win! :)